Mishas Sig?

Demartan

mediocre
Reaction score
Fretwork is hit or miss, definitely a setup, and some parts I'd say so. Pickups are kinda meh, I'd definitely upgrade the tuners and maybe the nut.

The nut on my ht7 Pro broke during the first restring so imo that’s something you deffo would want to swap since the stock one looks and feels like really cheap plastic. Apart from personal preference on pickups; The rest of the hardware is still holding up fine for me - especially considering the price (400gbp sounds like a decently good deal)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
2914007580_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Well RIP my wallet, this color is insane

love it

@bulb how much this one will weight?
A friend just lend me a Jackson SLSMG and Im loving how lightweight it is (at around 2.9 kg / 6.4 pounds)

Demartan

mediocre
Reaction score
@bulb how much this one will weight?
A friend just lend me a Jackson SLSMG and Im loving how lightweight it is (at around 2.9 kg / 6.4 pounds)
I don't know what the weight difference of the 'new' neck is, but my oceanburst HT7 comes in just shy of 3 kilos - guessing it's about the same for the new ones.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m sad they didn’t do an 8 string pro model.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason for that is that Misha/Periphery aren't known for 8 string work bar the odd song here combined with the market for 8s being pretty small and the number of guitars required to keep the price down enough to be palatable to the market probably wouldn't sell.

It's an unknown number that we'll probably never learn however I'd imagine the 6 string Misha's in both Pro and USA models outsell the 7 string models. Or I could be completely wrong on everything I just posted haha.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
FYI GC and musicians friend are running the 6 and 7 older pro models on clearance. Ended up ordering a white 6 string cause I had a gift card and I figured it could be a good mod guitar if I like it. For less than $450 shipped I can’t argue with that.

bulb

Reaction score
FYI GC and musicians friend are running the 6 and 7 older pro models on clearance. Ended up ordering a white 6 string cause I had a gift card and I figured it could be a good mod guitar if I like it. For less than $450 shipped I can’t argue with that.
Hell of a good deal!

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
You know what I'd love to do... I'm not a fan of the neck profile, it has too big of shoulders to me. So I'd love to buy a very cheap pro series and shave the shoulders down a little bit to make it more a super thin C shape.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
You know what I'd love to do... I'm not a fan of the neck profile, it has too big of shoulders to me. So I'd love to buy a very cheap pro series and shave the shoulders down a little bit to make it more a super thin C shape.

That wouldn’t be bad idea. The neck profile is one of my favorite things about the guitar. Having 2 USA models it will be cool to compare them even though they are in another class from each other.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That wouldn’t be bad idea. The neck profile is one of my favorite things about the guitar. Having 2 USA models it will be cool to compare them even though they are in another class from each other.
I just want to know if the neck profile is exactly the same between the Pro and USA series. I've tried asking before but no one seems to know the answer. I've only tried a Pro series and couldn't stand the neck profile.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
@Albake21 got it yesterday and can confirm the neck profile is the same. Went back and forth between the 2 USA models I have and the import just to make sure. Overall I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It needs a good set up and some love but for the price I was expecting that. Surprisingly the fretwork is better than the last two schecters I bought. Will post a NGD when I have some more time available.