Mmmm...steak

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

How do you like it cooked?

• Still Mooing/Kicking/Bleeding

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Rare

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Medium

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Well Done

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Charcoal Briquette

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
darren said:
Well, at the best steak houses, you can actually order your steak "blue". They will hand-pick their best steak and essentially just sear the outside very quickly. The inside is just warm.

I just learned that term yesterday from a Japanese dude I work with. He lived in the US for 3 years and we were talking about how we liked our steaks done and used the term "blue" and I was like "what's that?" and he explained it to me.

In Japan and Korea, you can get raw meat (generally cow or horse meat) that isn't cooked at all. It's pretty good.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
darren said:
Well, at the best steak houses, you can actually order your steak "blue". They will hand-pick their best steak and essentially just sear the outside very quickly. The inside is just warm.

I've heard that called "black and blue." Again, not something you'd do on the $9.99 Sirloin Special at your local Friendly's or anything, but it IS pretty damned good when you're working with a great cut of meat... :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
I have 4 Porterhouse Steaks ready for tonight. Each one weighs around a pound and a half. My cousin is coming up from South Florida to pick up some Baby equipment that we don't need anymore. Yeah...reclaiming my house one highchair at a time.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Eh, maybe it's a Boston thing. :lol:

Either way, it tastes pretty damned good.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Kill it and grill it! It's all good to me! A steak is a steak, but I'll have mine medium or medium well. :)
ditto! except, i enjoy the range of doneness, whether it's something i'm going to need to chew on for a few minutes, or just stopped running from me, meat is yummy.

ribs rule as well :metal:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm with bostjan - where's the veggie option in the poll?

I grew up on a small ranch and we ate one of our cows once in a while. But the things that come out of a factory-farm feedlot are not something I'd want to put in my stomach.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I like it medium well, but I've only had steak once in the last 3 years...

[action=David]realizes he's poor, shut the fuck up.:fawk: [/action]

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Big, Red and not too dead! Go to Charlie's Steakhouse in Orlando, and order the Charlie's Special Fillet. It's not on the menu, but they'll show you one when they take your order. 16 ounces, and only 4 per steer, cooked up on an 1100 degree fire. That's the best! :bowdown: Use the Bearnaise sauce sparingly.

At home, it's usually a sirloin done medium rare with Montreal seasoning. :)

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
rabble rabble rabble

the next day i dont' work i am going to make a sign and picket this poll for not having the "Cows are far cooler alive cuz they have big noses and make funny faces at you" option or something similar.

9 year vege-veteran.:fawk: :fawk:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
shadowgenesis said:
rabble rabble rabble

the next day i dont' work i am going to make a sign and picket this poll for not having the "Cows are far cooler alive cuz they have big noses and make funny faces at you" option or something similar.

+1 :agreed:

and they make cool sounds too!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
shadowgenesis said:
rabble rabble rabble

:lol:

See, i think they're far cooler dead for much the same reasons... :flex:

Sorry, just a bit of good natured ballbusting. My parents were actually more-or-less vegetarian for most of my childhood - my dad had been fighting with his cholesterol for a couple years and just got sick of the side-effects of cholesterol meds (in particular I remember a rather nasty episode with a blood clot), so eventually he just bit the bullet and cut eggs and meat completely out of his diet. I actually have no regrets about it - if nothing else, it got me past the american mentality that dinner is a chunk of meat with something next to it on the plate, and a lot of vegetarian cooking is really, really good (generally, if you're not relying on the flavor of the meat to bring a dish together, you have to rely a bit more on creative spicing, and the results are well worth it). I still have a craving for eggplant parmesean at least once every other month... :yesway:

And when you get right down to it, I'd say that well over half my meals even today are still vegetarian (I eat a lot of pasta), and I really don't feel like I'm missing anything.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
shadowgenesis said:

chickFilA.jpg

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take a dry-aged ribeye, with a three pepper rub, done over a charcoal grill. The worchestershire is optional, but quite tasty.

I just got through throwing some grills on the steak...

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
I picked medium well but that is they way you have to order it if you want it medium rare :lol:

My wife likes hers Launched into the center of hte sun for a few weeks - just to be sure it is properly cooked ---- like eating old leather....

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Matt just got done throwing girls on his stake? huh?

Noodles - i'm surprised you didn't make tube steak a pole (yes, I know) choice.

Some of my things about my favorite foods are the sauces - rice and soy sauce, steak and A-1, fries and ketchup, etc.

I LOVE A-1. i could use a whole bottle on a steak ;)