Monty 7-stringer build progress pics

Stan P

Reaction score
x_87f80e35.jpg

x_5c4ccd6e.jpg

x_0f982ce9.jpg

x_99145969.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
Looking good!

Very keen to see how this thing sounds when its done, could be an undercover monster i reckon.

JerkyChid

Beef jerky kid
Reaction score
I'm all about pointy guitars but there is something about single cuts, especially this one, that I find so damn sexy

Stan P

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys! Brian really deserves all of them, though I had a big input into the design. THe idea was to buid a guitar that would feel equally at home in any music setting whether jazz, worlds, RnB or full on heavy rock. It has 25.5 scale and a larger body - 15 inch wide to balance the look of wide neck as well as provide more real estate to resonate. This is designed for the LOW A tunning. One of the thngs that I will do is accompanying singers in jazz duo setting and doing the bass lines along with the chord work. But the splitable bridge pickup will have two blades and ceramic magnet. ANother cool trick - the neck joins the body at 15th fret to reduce the shoulder stretch and feel like a strat. It laso has light chamberring and piezzo/midi by RMC with external preamp.

Stan P

Reaction score
I wish Brian gets more support from the 7 string community and builds more sevens!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
that is fantastic! i really really like it :)

it's got the classy aspect of an LP, but with the awesomeness that another string adds :D

Stan P

Reaction score
classy!

what is that neck pickup? i must know!!

This is a custom pickup by Pete Beltoft of Vintage Vibe Guitars.

My own spec inspired by Bill Lawrence and Stevens custom guitars.

The pickups is basically Pete's strat-sized P-90 in (1) 7 string configuration (2) humbucker casing (3) angled bobins with bass closer to bridge and treble closer to neck. Pete asked for the string width and built the pickup to the spec. He sent me a CAD diagram for approval.
The cost is 140 USD for a fully custom job.

Do I need to say Pete is awesome? He also built the neck blade pickup.

The bridge, when split, matches well with the neck.

natural light HD pics :D

Yes! Thank you! When I get it from Brian, I will arrange a photo session with a friend of mine - a very good photographer.

I will aslo record some professional demos in a month from now. I wil show the piezo sounds as well as all pickup positions and some jazz, funk, rock and heavy rock clips.

Andrew_B

Reaction score
looks really good man, Brian did a great job :)
pickups look sweet too