Monty 7-stringer build progress pics

Stan P

Reaction score
Custom blade pickup by Pete Beltoft of Vintage Vibe Guitars. I splits for optimum perormance in paralel with P90 in the neck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Ah, double customs nice. It had the look of the Bill & Becky XL500 or whatever the name of it was that Dime used, but where this wasn't a metal guitar I knew it couldn't be that

Stan P

Reaction score
Ah, double customs nice. It had the look of the Bill & Becky XL500 or whatever the name of it was that Dime used, but where this wasn't a metal guitar I knew it couldn't be that

You are correct though. Both pickups lookwise are designed after famous Lawerence pickups. Unfortunately there is no real 7-string support from Bill Lawrence. The guitar has been designed and built as a swiss army knife - to do all styles equally well - hence the blades in the bridge and the single in the neck:)

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
bill lawrence* actually designed them primarily with jazz/blues use in mind and they sound great in that capacity.
i can also get a pretty killer hard rock AC/DC sound from my 6 stringer with a vintage BL (i have an A900, predecessor to the L500 series dimebag used).

*yes, i know that's not the designer's real name, but most people wouldn't recognize his real name (and i'm too lazy to look it up for correct spelling--it's willi stitch, i think)

Stan P

Reaction score
bill lawrence* actually designed them primarily with jazz/blues use in mind and they sound great in that capacity.
i can also get a pretty killer hard rock AC/DC sound from my 6 stringer with a vintage BL (i have an A900, predecessor to the L500 series dimebag used).

*yes, i know that's not the designer's real name, but most people wouldn't recognize his real name (and i'm too lazy to look it up for correct spelling--it's willi stitch, i think)

Sure... I do not see why they would not work for jazz and blues.. In my experience everything generally works for everything as long as the player is up to it. I seriously considered William for building me pickups, but he never replied my msg tagged 7-string. Are we a minority of some sort:)?

nice axe .. how much it cost ...??

I got a real good deal from Brian (that I cannot really disclose) for a chambered seven stringer with RMC Piezos. RMC was extra of course.
Still the price was much lowerer than many guitars that cannot touch its playability and quality. Many people here in Ontario share opinion that Brian is right up there with Manzer and other 10K+ league luthiers, but his prices are a just factor of the above due to his free willing and anti-marketting attitude, that makes him such a great artist.

Stan P

Reaction score
i am in heaven

n501906072_2354866_4082445.jpg

4734_106800051072_501906072_2354867_3881483_n.jpg

n501906072_2354868_61551.jpg

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
You are correct though. Both pickups lookwise are designed after famous Lawerence pickups. Unfortunately there is no real 7-string support from Bill Lawrence. The guitar has been designed and built as a swiss army knife - to do all styles equally well - hence the blades in the bridge and the single in the neck:)

I been using Bill Lawrence XL500 pickups on my first 50 guitars until i met Kent...

Great pickups :agreed:

But like you say they dont build extended range pickups :(

Swiss army knife :lol:

Gorgeous guitar man :yesway:

Stan P

Reaction score
I heard many great things about Kent, but never got to play any hand built pickups.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Fucking loving that guitar man, finish is fantastic.

Stan P

Reaction score
Fucking loving that guitar man, finish is fantastic.

Many thanks! It is almoast too nice for heavy rock gigs - feels like a collectible archtop! And all Brian charges for them is just slightly over the tag of pro-level production instruments... sometimes even less actually!

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Has a very nice vintage touch to it aswell.
Yeah, if I had a custom instrument as fine as that one, I'd be scared to touch it

Stan P

Reaction score
Has a very nice vintage touch to it aswell.
Yeah, if I had a custom instrument as fine as that one, I'd be scared to touch it

Well ... once the honeymoon is over .. it is just day to day life:)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard of this luthier - there's a brian monty LP for sale on another forum right now.

looks great :yesway:

Stan P

Reaction score
Thank you! Brian Monty is a very good builder. He's been building for over 30 years, but only now he is starting to get the recognition he has deserved long time ago!