Monuments Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kobalt

Reaction score
New guy is super talented but his voice is a bit characterless for me. I'm sure hes gonna kill it but I'll miss Chris' voice!
This. It has nothing to do with the guy's talent, it's just that Chris' style just seemed to gel so well with the music, it made things super intriguing. But we'll see what happens!

Hell, I wasn't a fan of Spencer Sotelo when he joined Periphery, but then P2 came out.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
cool! seem them live a couple of mounts back with the new singer and that was a great show!!
great singer!

Curious where they are coming up with!!

Razerjack

Reaction score
Just glad to see the band back and running, as saturated this genre is these days, I feel like they still have something unique to offer. Their last album wasn't mind blowing but still delivered the groove, and I didn't mind most of the hooks either.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Animus leaked ahead of tomorrow. Still very Monuments. Vocals are fantastic IMO. Much more power then anything on Phronesis. You can also actually hear the guitar this album which is fantastic

Edit: While I like the vocals a lot, I could see people thinking they're a bit "uninspired" I guess though

Last edited:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Animus leaked ahead of tomorrow. Still very Monuments. Vocals are fantastic IMO. Much more power then anything on Phronesis. You can also actually hear the guitar this album which is fantastic

Edit: While I like the vocals a lot, I could see people thinking they're a bit "uninspired" I guess though
Wait they are releasing a whole new album? I figured it was just a single or an EP? That was a quick turn around after the last album.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Wait they are releasing a whole new album? I figured it was just a single or an EP? That was a quick turn around after the last album.
Sorry it's just the first song haha. Re-reading it I definitely worded it terribly lmao

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Really liked the new song, Andy fits in really well - but will still miss (pre phronesis) Chris.

But this has gotten me super stoked!

Lianoroto

Reaction score
The new song feels like a throwback to when they had Neema and Greg behind the mics, just a little less frantic. A very nice opening single!

LeoLmX

I like turtles.
Reaction score
This single song puts the entire Phronesis down to oblivion, I find this such an uninspiring album, of course it has great songs, but the composition/inspiration aspect is what it lacked the most for me, I could hear the guitars and the tone was even better than Amanuensis, I guess this album just suffers from the post master piece (The Amanusensis) syndrome.

Anyway, Animus it's much better because it goes in more places, it has more drama and more energy, and a guitar solo!

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Definitely fully on board with all the personnel changes after hearing this banger of a tune.

Am I the only one who thought it sounded like they forgot to unmute the bass track though?