More great footage of officer friendly at work!

• Thread starter flexkill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Fvcking MURDERERS!!!!:noplease: The fvcking Albuquerque Police Chief tried to pass this off as justified....called it a "text book shooting" LOL what a FVCKING JOKE!

I really like the part where the use the Beanbags AFTER shooting him down, In the BACK no less, with REAL bullets!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
If real bullets were used, where is the "real" bleeding? A white jacket/jumper would show bleeding quite obviously. A little blood goes a long long way.
To me looks like he was bagged, and knocked himself out on that rock when he went down....

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
If real bullets were used, where is the "real" bleeding? A white jacket/jumper would show bleeding quite obviously. A little blood goes a long long way.
To me looks like he was bagged, and knocked himself out on that rock when he went down....

Dude he was shot...he died from the gun wounds.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/james-boyd/

And I know that site is biased....but it's a pretty accurate synopsis of this event.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Dude he was shot...he died from the gun wounds.

Homeless man shot to death by police while "illegally camping" in the foothills of NM | Police State USA

And I know that site is biased....but it's a pretty accurate synopsis of this event.

Doesnt say he died from gun shots though, says he died from use of lethal force. A peppering of rubber bullets and tazer might have been enough to set off his ticker.
I just don't believe he was shot with a live round. I would go as far as to say if live rounds were used they were fired to the side or above the victim as part of a display of an escalation of force... I also doubt that if they slotted him with live rounds that they would be bothering to handcuff him...

Hell I could be wrong, but it just really seems like one of those people trying to stick it to the man conspiracy stories.

Lets not overlook the fact that he did in fact pull out two knives also, I don't blame them for using force, I guess you have to put yourself in their position, you have someone who has displayed an intention to cause harm, who do you want to go home to their family that night, you or them? (I know hes homeless, just generalizing.)

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
It's really difficult to judge how someone might feel in a given instance. They started off using non-lethal force, which was the grenade. To be honest though, having a concussion grenade/whatever the .... go off next to me would have me get confused, scared and defensive. He pulled out knives and showed no sign of backing down. They open fired and the guy fell. He couldn't move, and he exclaimed as much when they told him to drop the knives. They shot him with beanbags and he didn't flinch, which should have been a red flag that he couldn't move. Still, they released a dog on him, which appeared to be overkill even if everything leading up to it was 100% justified. It really seems to be a case of excessive force for the simple fact that they started off with a ....ing grenade. If you really want to incapacitate somebody, use a taser, mace, or beanbags from the get go.

At the very least, it was a handful of piss poor decisions all around, and I'm not sure if I can buy that the cops couldn't have done something else, easily. The man never approached the cops, even with knives drawn, he was in a defensive position. Something a taser, mace, the dog, or a combo of these could have deterred easily. Sure the cops could be acting reasonably on fear, but the man didn't draw his knives and get overly spooked until after having a god damn grenade thrown at him.

For the records, I'm not at all for conspiracy "cops are out to get us" kind of things. But there are lots of cops who use excess force, and this appears to be one of those cases. Maybe they legit thought they did things the way they should, but anyone with eyes can see that there was a better alternative. If they can't make the proper judgement on something so obvious, in my eyes they don't deserve the ability to make those choices. You don't give a car mechanic surgeons tools and tell him to operate, why would you give someone who lacks critical thinking skills a gun? I hate to agree with it, but this really just seems wrong.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Doesnt say he died from gun shots though, says he died from use of lethal force. A peppering of rubber bullets and tazer might have been enough to set off his ticker.
I just don't believe he was shot with a live round. I would go as far as to say if live rounds were used they were fired to the side or above the victim as part of a display of an escalation of force... I also doubt that if they slotted him with live rounds that they would be bothering to handcuff him...

Hell I could be wrong, but it just really seems like one of those people trying to stick it to the man conspiracy stories.

Lets not overlook the fact that he did in fact pull out two knives also, I don't blame them for using force, I guess you have to put yourself in their position, you have someone who has displayed an intention to cause harm, who do you want to go home to their family that night, you or them? (I know hes homeless, just generalizing.)
It was REAL bullets fired man. I have read many reports on this....and real bullets were used first.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3976114 said:
It's really difficult to judge how someone might feel in a given instance. They started off using non-lethal force, which was the grenade. To be honest though, having a concussion grenade/whatever the .... go off next to me would have me get confused, scared and defensive. He pulled out knives and showed no sign of backing down. They open fired and the guy fell. He couldn't move, and he exclaimed as much when they told him to drop the knives. They shot him with beanbags and he didn't flinch, which should have been a red flag that he couldn't move. Still, they released a dog on him, which appeared to be overkill even if everything leading up to it was 100% justified. It really seems to be a case of excessive force for the simple fact that they started off with a ....ing grenade. If you really want to incapacitate somebody, use a taser, mace, or beanbags from the get go.

At the very least, it was a handful of piss poor decisions all around, and I'm not sure if I can buy that the cops couldn't have done something else, easily. The man never approached the cops, even with knives drawn, he was in a defensive position. Something a taser, mace, the dog, or a combo of these could have deterred easily. Sure the cops could be acting reasonably on fear, but the man didn't draw his knives and get overly spooked until after having a god damn grenade thrown at him.

For the records, I'm not at all for conspiracy "cops are out to get us" kind of things. But there are lots of cops who use excess force, and this appears to be one of those cases. Maybe they legit thought they did things the way they should, but anyone with eyes can see that there was a better alternative. If they can't make the proper judgement on something so obvious, in my eyes they don't deserve the ability to make those choices. You don't give a car mechanic surgeons tools and tell him to operate, why would you give someone who lacks critical thinking skills a gun? I hate to agree with it, but this really just seems wrong.

I wouldn't get to worked up over a distraction grenade, we throw them at each other at work for fun when we have them left over at the end of an ex, its just a big fire cracker...

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3976114 said:

:agreed:

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I wouldn't get to worked up over a distraction grenade, we throw them at each other at work for fun when we have them left over at the end of an ex, its just a big fire cracker...

Flash bangs are not just big fire crackers, which is beside the point since a big fire cracker (or an m80) would be enough to scare and confuse an unwilling/unknowing victim. Sudden loud noises piss me off even when I'm in a good mood, not having people shout demands at me. The video shows they even shot him in the ....ing back. He never approached them, and even putting myself in their shoes (which I always do in situations like this) I saw no reason to use lethal force, plain and simple.

For serious dude, you should just accept that this is a really ....ed up case. Like I said, I normally don't jump to the "cops are assholes out to get you" conclusion. I've never been stopped or harassed by police, and my closest friend IS a cop. What they did was beyond excessive, which is easily evidenced by the fact that, even if everything leading up was justified, (and it wasn't) they sent a dog after a man who didn't so much as flinch when shot with bean bags. He didn't even slightly resist the dog, which if you've seen what police dogs can do, you know it's a damn big red flag.

I don't know what you do for a living, but if you and your buddies are really throwing flash bangs at each other at work, your judgement is also very questionable and I hope lives aren't in your hands.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3977603 said:
Flash bangs are not just big fire crackers,

Not only are they not "just firecrackers", but they are used as concussive grenades as well to stun and disorientate the person used against.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
A) This is horrible and does make the officers look bad.

B) They obviously had an excess of force on hand and chose to engage in its use unnecessarily. I mean, one or two well placed beanbag rounds would have subdued him to the point where they could have easily cuffed him.

That said....If 4+ armed officers with guns and a dog tell you to get on the ground with your hands on your head....You get on the god damned ground with your hands on your head.

It still baffles me that people resist in this sorts of situations and the cops are forced (not to the extent here, of course) to use less desirable means of subduing the criminal. If I understood the issue, the guy was illegally camping out in this area. Why that would be a crime, I don't know, but that's obviously not what sparked the deadly confrontation in the end. They instructed him to get on the ground and instead, he chooses to pull out two knives and take a stance that showed he wasn't planning on complying without trying to fight. I don't see how an application of force (again, not to this extent) would be unjustified in this situation.

I'm not saying that the police are never at fault, that there isn't corruption that exists within the system, or that events like this are trivial, but throwing out phrases like "fvck tha police" after seeing this is being dishonest about the conditions involved.

If a cop tells you to do something. You do it. If he's in the wrong, you can roast his ass later (i.e. in court, not taking revenge). Honestly, there is NO reason not to comply that could possibly work out in your best interests.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score

I assume you have no clue what one is or don't have literal ones. If in fact you guys are throwing concussion grenades at each other, you guys are stupid.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
A) This is horrible and does make the officers look bad.

B) They obviously had an excess of force on hand and chose to engage in its use unnecessarily. I mean, one or two well placed beanbag rounds would have subdued him to the point where they could have easily cuffed him.

That said....If 4+ armed officers with guns and a dog tell you to get on the ground with your hands on your head....You get on the god damned ground with your hands on your head.

It still baffles me that people resist in this sorts of situations and the cops are forced (not to the extent here, of course) to use less desirable means of subduing the criminal. If I understood the issue, the guy was illegally camping out in this area. Why that would be a crime, I don't know, but that's obviously not what sparked the deadly confrontation in the end. They instructed him to get on the ground and instead, he chooses to pull out two knives and take a stance that showed he wasn't planning on complying without trying to fight. I don't see how an application of force (again, not to this extent) would be unjustified in this situation.

I'm not saying that the police are never at fault, that there isn't corruption that exists within the system, or that events like this are trivial, but throwing out phrases like "fvck tha police" after seeing this is being dishonest about the conditions involved.

If a cop tells you to do something. You do it. If he's in the wrong, you can roast his ass later (i.e. in court, not taking revenge). Honestly, there is NO reason not to comply that could possibly work out in your best interests.

+1 The dipshit had it coming IMO. Always do whatever a policeman says.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Ummmmm NO.

He might not have had "death" coming, as per what I discussed above, but if he thought he was getting out of that confrontation unscathed after pulling two knives.....he'd be insane.

The killing was not justified; the officers using force was.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Ummmmm NO.
Yeah, gotta agree with Flex on this one, police have proven to not always be the upstanding good guys who protect and serve. From the abusing black people in the south, the stuff going on in Arizona with immigrants or people who look like immigrants :rolleyes:(though it's not entirely there fault there) and whatever cop video you've seen caught on tape. You just never know, nut there's no shortage of good cops either, it's just that the bad ones seem to get more attention than the good ones get praise.