More Ibanez 7 Strings Petition

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UGH

Reaction score
#62....anybody that feels like including a comment about the plight of the left-handed wins.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If anyone wants to start a petition calling for Ibanez to increase their quality in order to justify their outrageous price increases or maybe include high-end features (ie: real pickups) on their "Prestige" models, then I'd be all for it. Hell, why not petition to make the $2000 Universe in a finish other than black for once?

Even if they introduce new MIJ models they're most likely going to be mediocre and hideously overpriced. Ibanez is mainly concerned with their endorser guitars and the Japanese market. Look at what's available in Japan vs. here, then compare that to the selection, feature set, and variety from companies like Music Man, Schecter or ESP.

I've owned 28 Ibanez guitars and enjoyed almost all of them, so clearly I'm a fan. In fact I just picked up an RG7620 last week. However, besides from the nice reasonably priced imports, their MIJ line has declined year after year and I see no reason to continue to show adoration and support for them, especially when 99% of fans on the forum have Ibanez guitars that were made from 1990-2001.

Pardon my bitterness, if I didn't love Ibanez I wouldn't care enough to rant like this. Of course I'm always for new 7-strings coming to the market, but I just have lost all faith in this company. At least there's still eBay/classifieds :metal:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Petitions accomplish nothing. Internet petitions accomplish even less.

Latest posts