Movies you've been watching...

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
gary-oldman-as-dracula-in-dracula-1992.jpg
that was a shit movie but gary oldman was awesome in it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Just thinking about Keanu and Winona in that movie makes me want to run and watch Interview With A Vampire. Regardless how one may feel about Tom Cruise (whether pre or post Oprah's Couch), Kirsten Dunst is brutal, and I'm generally a total sucker for well-budgeted period pieces.

Interview-with-a-Vampire-interview-with-a-vampire-12423170-1280-720.jpg

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Lost Boys- Rawk vampires
Dracula 1992- tenured professor vampire
IWTV- Flounsey vampires
Twilight- worthless vampires

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Just thinking about Keanu and Winona in that movie makes me want to run and watch Interview With A Vampire. Regardless how one may feel about Tom Cruise (whether pre or post Oprah's Couch), Kirsten Dunst is brutal, and I'm generally a total sucker for well-budgeted period pieces.

Interview-with-a-Vampire-interview-with-a-vampire-12423170-1280-720.jpg
Total stretch for Brad. To this day, his best "type" is the Thelma and Louise or Kalifornia/Snatch role. I seem to remember a very bad Englishy accent in IWTV from him too but its been a long time.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
twilight was a bad fanfic of Lestat/interview with the vampire. i read both series and stephanie meyer's writing reeks of anne rice's influence, but more amateurish.
shitty source material=extra shitty movie

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
twilight was a bad fanfic of Lestat/interview with the vampire. i read both series and stephanie meyer's writing reeks of anne rice's influence, but more amateurish.
shitty source material=extra shitty movie
And they made like 8 of them. Yuck!

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
And they made like 8 of them. Yuck!
4, but yeah they were all shit. literally the only interesting part in 4 books to me was when sparkleboii rips open his woman's guts with his teeth to get her half vampire baby out. My ex-girlfriend made me suffer through the books, movies and the 50 shades series (which was equally terrible). God she had shit taste in books/movies

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
4, but yeah they were all shit. literally the only interesting part in 4 books to me was when sparkleboii rips open his woman's guts with his teeth to get her half vampire baby out. My ex-girlfriend made me suffer through the books, movies and the 50 shades series (which was equally terrible). God she had shit taste in books/movies
Whatever. I would rather watch 16 of Troma's worst films than 4 of those shitfests.

EDIT: And according to Wikipedia, there was 5 of those shitty films. Yuck!

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Whatever. I would rather watch 16 of Troma's worst films than 4 of those shitfests.

EDIT: And according to Wikipedia, there was 5 of those shitty films. Yuck!
4 books and 5 movies but yeah, they were horrendously bad. Not even fun bad like Troma movies or Puppetmaster or Candyman or Leprechaun. The writing was godawful, Kristen Stewart may as well be plank from Ed, Edd and Eddy, just everything about those movies barring their soundtracks was painful.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
4 books and 5 movies but yeah, they were horrendously bad. Not even fun bad like Troma movies or Puppetmaster or Candyman or Leprechaun. The writing was godawful, Kristen Stewart may as well be plank from Ed, Edd and Eddy, just everything about those movies barring their soundtracks was painful.
Hey, there is a level of greatness in "bad" films like those from Troma and Full Moon. Unfortunately, both have kinda gotten worse over time, mostly due to budget. And with regards to Troma, they've sorta bought their own press.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
2001: A Space Odyssey - Saw it at the local mall; first time seeing it, actually. There weren't many people at my showing, thankfully.
Bird With the Crystal Plumage

wankerness

Reaction score

I only watched the first Twilight (mainly out of morbid curiosity) and hated it so much I wanted nothing to do with the second, considering everyone saiid that one was far worse, but I heard a lot of amusing things about the last couple entries. Like, Cronenbergian birth mechanics and hilarious vampire sex and decapitation-fu. There's no doubt in my mind that they're much more watchable than the aforementioned Leprechaun movies.

Candyman is a legit horror classic and should not have been in that list!! You might as well have thrown in Halloween or The Exorcist.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Been making my way through the four primary American Pie movies (1/2/Wedding/Reunion).

They really don't hold up well under the current zeitgeist, but I can't seem to shake my soft-spot for them.

Someday, Eugene Levy will be gone, and we're all going to be sorry.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I seem to remember a very bad Englishy accent in IWTV from him too but its been a long time.

Nah, he's not really doing an accent at all, which is the arguable point against him, since Louis is supposed to be from New Orleans-ish by way of France.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I only watched the first Twilight (mainly out of morbid curiosity) and hated it so much I wanted nothing to do with the second, considering everyone saiid that one was far worse, but I heard a lot of amusing things about the last couple entries. Like, Cronenbergian birth mechanics and hilarious vampire sex and decapitation-fu. There's no doubt in my mind that they're much more watchable than the aforementioned Leprechaun movies.

Candyman is a legit horror classic and should not have been in that list!! You might as well have thrown in Halloween or The Exorcist.
Joe Bob-isms can make anything cooler. ie, Decapitation-fu.

As for Leprechaun, seriously... Leprechaun in the Hood is an unsung classic. It's fucking awesome and underrated. Sure it's shitty, but it's fun and the Kill Count video series on YouTube actually made me give it a second chance. The series as a whole is pretty bad in a Full Moon sort of way, but since I love Full Moon and Troma, I do like a couple of the Leprechaun films.

That said... FUCK Leprechaun in Space and Jason X. The writer of Jason X just handed Sean S. Cunningham -- last minute, running late, and rushing/running to Sean -- the Leprechaun in Space script, with, "JUST ADD JASON!" scribbled sloppy on the cover.

Candyman is a classic, and Tony Todd is fucking AWESOME, but Candyman does have some cheese factor to it for sure. With anyone else as Candyman, those films would be a laughing stock. I get the feeling that Barker came up with the idea while going, "Pft, fuck Stephen King. Anyone can come up with random bullshit and write a Kingian horror story!" I will replace Candyman in that list with Halloween 5.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score

all the twilight movies are garbage, they're a complete waste of time. The only midly interesting bit is the toothy c section.
candyman is nowhere near exorcist or halloween level imo. It's a fun horror film but not a great one.