Movies you've been watching...

Kobalt

Reaction score
Watched Burnt with Bradley Cooper.

Pretty good. I found it was similar to Limitless in nature, which is another of his movies I enjoyed. Small story, no bull...., thrown into the action. You don't really know what's going on, but you go with it, type of movie. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Saw "The Witch" today. Wouldn't say it was very scary, but there were some wonderfully disturbing moments that made it worthwhile.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Saw "The Witch" today. Wouldn't say it was very scary, but there were some wonderfully disturbing moments that made it worthwhile.

Same here. Left me with a sense of "oh, wow, so that happened."

Wish the dialogue was a bit clearer between the accents and way of speaking but overall it's a solid 8.5 in my book.

Reaction score
Saw Deadpool. Enjoyable. Some jokes were definitely crow bared in. Copycat isn't Copycat and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (who has the wrong powers and to my knowledge never met Deadpool) is there instead of Domino. I assume the later is due to rights issues between Fox, Disney and countless others, but it's a real headscratcher as that character has really on ever been in a few stories. Did enjoy the Ferris Bueller post credits scene, though.

Duosphere

(oYo) Lover
Reaction score
The Unwanted (2014) - IMDb

I watched knowing nothing about it.
It started boring........then boring..............then boring............then boring........
Then..............clearly seemed like .... was going to hit the fan and when it started, it was weird, still boring but at least something strange was happening.
Then weirder things happened but I didn't know if it was something supernatural or something psychological(no spoiler).
The end was cool cause there was no stupid twist crowded by plot holes, it's a simple story with a simple end but it was cool.
The acting was perfect for that type of mood, no over acting but no bad acting too, it was just perfect.
Even tough it's a boring film, it's on the opposite side of stupid jump scares, loud noises, crap CGI and dumb found footage films with stuff that doesn't belong to a found footage film like loud noises to scare you.The Possession which I liked is an example of dumb stuff, they say it's based on a true story or something, there's a scene at a hospital we can see the face of the demon inside her body during a scanning (RECORDED), if the family and doctors could see the demon inside of her, why the whole world doesn't know about it?I mean they recorded a demon inside a person so everybody should be talking about it, finally supernatural is real!So if it's based on a true story, that scene shouldn't exist, that was my only issue with The Possession.
Anyway, as this film is in the opposite way of all that garbage, I can say it's a good one even though most of the time it was boring to me, maybe my mood was needing something more "energetic".

Insinfier

Reaction score
British crime/comedies Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Both movies kicked off Jason Statham's acting career. Both fantastic stories with multiple subplots that circle around each other until they all inevitably collide for a satisfying conclusion. If you haven't seen them, watch both. Right now. If you have, watch them again.

g63OVrD.jpg

T7lvnYz.png

A-Branger

Reaction score
few days a go I went to see Hail Caesar!

what a massive disappointment of a movie!!

Main reason I went to see it is because an old highschool friend was acting on the movie. This is her first big hollywood movie, and what a was to break into the big screen. A big hats off to her to being able to land a job that big and all the best wishes for her in her career.

Her role was "small", only a couple of scenes with a very short dialog. BUT... if you compare her time on screen with all the other big names on the movie, she kinda had a BIG role on it. She for sure got bigger time on it than Jonah Hill on the movie

Either way, thats what I kinda hated about the movie. They sold you a big movie big a huge list of big hollywood actors. In which all of them play 2 min scenes and thats pretty much it for them. What you saw on the trailer, thats what you get, no more. That scene of Scarlet J ?, yup, she does that little act on the pool, and one other tinny scene. Channing T. ? he only does that musical dance scene (the man can dance tho), ect ect ect. A big waste of big names. And some of them for nothing plot wise. Theres a character of a reporter, you could remove her character and the plot and the movie wont be affected at all kinda thing.

Story wise, its a big "meh". Again the trailer sells you a way different story. I almost fall asleep towards the end. The voiceover was really low on level against the other music/soundtrack/noise/background audio. I had to stop eating my popcorn to be able to pay attention to it. It also was bit difficult for me to understand it (english is my second language, but Ive been in Aus for 9 years)

Ending was another big "meh". In fact this is the first movie in a long time (if ever) that I actually said "What??....Thats it?"

About movie being "funny and comedy", I didnt though so. Couple of funny moments, but nothing really mayor to call this movie a "comedy". And no, Im not expecting "fart jokes/Adam Sandler" kinda comedy either lol

In a way I almost felt bad about my friend.... but... Movie reviews are pretty good. Big scores in rotten tomatoes 82% and IDMB is getting 6.2/10 so far (not too good there), but again, Big name director and Big list of big actors is gonna give a good review no matter what.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Watched The Good Dinosaur last night.

Wow... just absolutely amazing what Pixar animation does with water, sunlight, reflections, wind, color, landscapes, etc. That in and of itself was enough for me to recommend this one.

I had a hard time grooving with the dinosaur characters... especially the voices, but once I was able to "get to know them" it became easy to enjoy the movie. The "creature" was hilarious as were some of the other animals. Loved the very short conceptual scene right in the very beginning of the movie... the asteroid completely missing the Earth. So simplistic yet so amusingly done.

Anyway... I won't spoil it for anyone planning to see it, but suffice it to say that this is a great movie to see in wide-screen in high-def. Again... animation is right up over the top with this one.

wankerness

Reaction score
In a way I almost felt bad about my friend.... but... Movie reviews are pretty good. Big scores in rotten tomatoes 82% and IDMB is getting 6.2/10 so far (not too good there), but again, Big name director and Big list of big actors is gonna give a good review no matter what.

Total BS argument, frequently repeated by people who like to argue "lol critics r dum user reviews r better." Look at say, Monument Men, featuring much of the same cast and former critical darling director. Or some of the other Coen bros films - there are a couple on there which are ~60% and the positive percents vary pretty wildly on the others. They have a lot of accepted classics, and this isn't one of them. Most people actually like this movie, it's not some establishment plot. And 82% isn't that good since you can get a 100% just by everyone giving your film 3/5 stars - I am guessing an 82% would put it in about the 50th percentile of movie ratings! I personally have almost no interest in ever seeing it, it looked intolerable. But, I have a very lukewarm reaction to most Coen bros stuff. Even some of the "classics" like Raising Arizona mostly just annoy the **** out of me.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Total BS argument, frequently repeated by people who like to argue "lol critics r dum user reviews r better." Look at say, Monument Men, featuring much of the same cast and former critical darling director. Or some of the other Coen bros films - there are a couple on there which are ~60% and the positive percents vary pretty wildly on the others. They have a lot of accepted classics, and this isn't one of them. Most people actually like this movie, it's not some establishment plot. And 82% isn't that good since you can get a 100% just by everyone giving your film 3/5 stars - I am guessing an 82% would put it in about the 50th percentile of movie ratings! I personally have almost no interest in ever seeing it, it looked intolerable. But, I have a very lukewarm reaction to most Coen bros stuff. Even some of the "classics" like Raising Arizona mostly just annoy the **** out of me.

it might not be 100% the case, but lots of people tend to "like" a movie jsut based on the names of it.

Im not familiar with Rotten Tomatoes rating, 82% it seemed pretty high for me. Im more familiar with IMDB ones, where 6,5% is acceptable movie/good movie, for a "comedy" 6,5% is crosing the line to an amazing movie

BUt I also tried to search for written reviews and everything I found was "OMG this movie is amazing!!!!!" kinda reviews, not one honest one. I know some of these people might be pay to say that, but not one review saying "it was ok" kinda thing

I know this movie is not a "traditional plot" hollywood thing, and I liked the idea of showing how things were done in the past and show "mini movies", but you need to see it to understand how "meh" this movie really is and how little things make sense. For example the whole thing that the trailer shows you is the George C character gets kidnapped for X reasons out of his movie blah blah. But the way he "gets rescued" or gets back into set is like "uh? really?" and after all the things the kidnappers talked to him/chat/convince him/blahblah and nothing after??, he got a "slap/get your mind out of it" and be done

I donno I was really disappointed of the movie. I blame the trailer for most of it

wankerness

Reaction score
I guess I just saw different reviews, all the ones I saw were like "it's pretty good, but one of the worst Coen bros films." When I saw the trailer I just thought "that looks intolerable." I'll probably end up watching it some day, but your reaction certainly serves to cement my low interest!

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Watched Borat about three weeks ago. I had seen a few scenes a decade ago when it came out, but I never saw the whole film. With that said, it was just terrible. I laughed once, maybe twice. I'll never understand how or why it was so popular.

Watched Clash of the Titans two nights ago. I saw it as a kid when it first came out on DVD, but I couldn't remember anything about it. It was also absolutely terrible and pretty much offensive to Greek mythology with how bad the story was pieced together, all the plotholes and deficiencies in the script, and the action scenes looking like they belonged in one of those washed up, bad, "made-for-TV" SyFy channel original films. Just no.

Just watched Silent Hill and it was...ehhhh...still pretty bad. The running time was far too long for how short the story should've been, poor dialog, and the plot (albeit very simple) was definitely muddled. Like, you could tell what the general plot was (mother searching for lost daughter in strange town), but you couldn't tell what was going on - although this is a bit of a trademark with the original video games. Keep a few "WTF?" moments in there. It was pretty cool seeing the video game series adapted to the screen (the entire plot carries out just like one of the games with the protagonist following clues) with a variation of the original first game's story used as the film's screenplay; but aside from that, I'd never watch it again. Half-assed horror.

wankerness

Reaction score
Man...once again, why do you even watch these kinds of movies? You're clearly a really picky guy and these are mainstream average films at best! Well, besides Borat, which was widely liked at the time. I think the main reason it was liked so much apart from most people finding it funny was how vicious it was towards certain unsavory types of people that he interacts with, especially the racist crowd at the rodeo and those disgusting frat guys. :p I always felt bad for that southern family that had him over for dinner, though, they were clearly trying really hard to be welcoming!

I hope you were trashing the remake of Clash of the Titans and not the original!

Duosphere

(oYo) Lover
Reaction score
Jeruzalem (2015) - IMDb

At some point I really thought I was watching Cloverfield religious version :lol:

Gods of Egypt (2016) - IMDb

aka The Bible of Bad Movies.
Everything sucks so bad that it's even impossible to talk about it, nothing is good or at least acceptable, horrible in so many ways and levels.
When I watched a trailer I knew it was going to be bad but I thought maybe it could have some cool visuals but not, it felt like an eight hours long film and I was tied to a chair with drugs not letting me fall asleep.I hated all characters and at the end I just wanted everybody dead specially everybody who worked on this monstrosity.Easily the worst movie I watched in a decade, different from movies that are bad but funny, this one is so bad but it takes itself so serious that even jokes sound horrible and have nothing to do with whatever is happening there.
To me pure torture :wallbash:

A-Branger

Reaction score
^^thanks. I had a bad feeling "hollywood cliche" about it, I almost went to see it out of nothing else to see at the cinema, but lucky I found a movie to stream on my computer lol

Duosphere

(oYo) Lover
Reaction score
^^thanks. I had a bad feeling "hollywood cliche" about it, I almost went to see it out of nothing else to see at the cinema, but lucky I found a movie to stream on my computer lol

Hollywood cliche would be a masterpiece compared to this......this...............this............... :wallbash:
My friend I can guarantee it's an unforgettable experien.........torture!
It's a mix of everything bad you've watched in all other movies.
It's just shocking how bad it is.
So bad that you can't laugh cause you feel you're the joke cause you payed to watch it :lol:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Finally watched Captain America: The First Avenger. Really impressed with it. I've never paid much attention to Captain America, only ever read a few of the comics as a kid, but really liked the movie. I'm pretty far behind on Marvel movies/tv shows. I still need to watch the 2nd CA movie, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Ant Man, the Agent Carter tv show, and the S.H.I.E.L.D show.