Mr. Bungle is back?!

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
The Raging Wrath of the Easter bunny to be released on October 30th.

Fucking. Stoked.

Preordered the mega bundle and the cassette/shirt bundle. I love the demo, this has got me so psyched.

I feel like I’m 17 again. Just straight up kick ass thrash with psychotic vocals AND RIFF AFTER RIFF AFTER RIFF AFTER GODDAMN RIFF BANG YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE STAGE TIME FOR THE THRASH BREAK AND NOW YOU DIE!!

....... Ahem. I am beyond stoked for this album.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Me like. But I would rather see something more weird from mr. Bungle.

I rank their self titled debut among mine favorite albums ever, this is just cool, but not that special to me.
But cool that they are doing stuff again!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score

One of the 3 tracks they wrote during that era but never recorded. Dig it. Begins and ends catchy and with a groove with some NYHC influence, with out of left field THRASHVIOLENCEBODIESONBODIESONBODIESDARKNESSDESCENDS In the middle.

... Ahem. Just get excited when I hear quality Thrash.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score

So. Many. RIFFS!
Yeah, there's blatant Slayer worship in there, but consider this was written the same year as Reign in Blood, and Dave Lombardo's in the band now...

spudmunkey

Reaction score
The "new posts" page had this thread indicating new posts, and right below it, it listed the "Eddie Van Halen has died" thread...but I just glanced at them when I clicked another thread link, and my brain, for about a half of a second, read it as "Eddie Van Halen is back?!"

mikah912

Reaction score
Not the album I expected to come from Mr Bungle in 2020 but this album was a pleasant surprise.

Indeed. I was bummed that there would be no multi-genre insanity, but this is a wonderful irreverent neo-thrash record. Kinda reminds me of that Gorod thrash EP they did a couple of years ago.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
It's a rerecording of the demo they recorded with one mic and an 8 track back in 1996.

More likely a typo but that was from 1986, not 1996

Anyone watched the live stream show? Was absolutely impossible to me as I am at my work place.

Can't wait to receive the super duper mega bundle (or whatever it was called) that I pre-ordered.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
More likely a typo but that was from 1986, not 1996

Anyone watched the live stream show? Was absolutely impossible to me as I am at my work place.

Can't wait to receive the super duper mega bundle (or whatever it was called) that I pre-ordered.

That was a typo, yes. I definitely know it was 1986. Thanks for catching that.
I watched the live stream. It was a lot of fun. Tight, Mike sounded good, lots of neat cameos, and the encore was a thrashy cover of "Loss of Control" by Van Halen.
And my ultra-mega bundle and cassette tape should be here by Wednesday.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I was very excited to see they were doing something, then very not excited that it was basically a thrash EP of old songs.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Listened to this the other day... holy crap it's good!

Hadn't had enough Lombardo/Patton, so I put on Dead Cross immediately after. These two shouldn't be allowed to not make music together.

ajsfreily

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Listened to their first album a lot, Patton is of course awesome! Or at least, he used to be, no idea what he is doing nowadays.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
This honestly may end up being my album of the year. So many awesome riffs, nice production, Mike sounding like a possessed priest going on a killing spree, Dave Lombardo letting loose in ways I feel he couldn't with Slayer... I listen to at least a few songs from this album every day. Sudden Death is probably my song of the year.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
1681386700015.png

Got a ticket for NYC in the Amex presale yesterday? Can't compassion about getting tickets for both Sleep Token and Mr Bungle on my birthday for the same weekend in September. Anyone gonna catch one of these?

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
View attachment 123793

Got a ticket for NYC in the Amex presale yesterday? Can't compassion about getting tickets for both Sleep Token and Mr Bungle on my birthday for the same weekend in September. Anyone gonna catch one of these?

I’ll be at the Boston show!!

Finally get to fucking see Mike Patton after being a massive fan for 30 years!

Latest posts