Multi-effect pedal advice

Templar

Reaction score
Hi,

I am confused about selecting the right pedal for electric guitar. I have looked at several models but need an opinion of experienced players. Models I am looking at are:

1. Pod 2.0
2. Digitech RP355
3. Zoom G3 X

They are priced around same that fits my budget. Please advise..

Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I have only used the Digitech and wasn't vastly impressed. I've heard a lot of good material recorded with Line 6 pods. I'd feel more comfortable going with that, they are very popular.

Templar

Reaction score
well my budget is around 130 GBP approx 200 USD.

I am looking to play metal / rock / blues and some experimentation with different styles of course.

what I have read about new ones like G3X / RP is that it has more effects / drum machine which I think is useful. Pod 2.0 has been around for a decade now and has earned great respect in terms of quality.

So my main concern is both quality of sound and features.

Templar

Reaction score
According to this review site it rate G3X better than rest. However, couple of my friends were not impressed with Zoom's earlier model they tried few years back...

DarkNe0

Reaction score
You might want to build your own board, I've always been against multi-effect pedals unless its a Pod HD.

You won't need all the effects in the pedal and the distortions on them alone is usually quite dull and not very impressive. I'd look at a couple of used stomp-boxes of what you think you would really actually need and start building on that.

But if you still really want a multi-effect, just please, don't go DigiTech. I've owned and used many of their products but was never ever impressed.