Multi FX that will send Program and C midi in one stomp

• Thread starter VBCheeseGrater
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I have this new 5150 III - it turns out, when running the pod HD in patch mode, you cannot change pod patches (which sends a midi program change) and also send the correct CC message to turn off/on the 5153 fx loop with one press of the pod patch button. You can only change amp channels since it sends the program change.

So, since i've already got the pod and amp gizmo set up in my rack rig integrated perfectly, I figure i need another multi fx that will pull this off for the 5153 to build a full 2nd rig.

Question: What's another MIDI enabled multi FX that WILL send both the midi program change and a CC message at the stomp of a single button, I really want to be able to control the amp loop, and amp channels on the 5153, and also FX patch with one button press. Seems like a great excuse to buy a second multi fx unit. I really like the idea of using the multi FX itself as the main brain of the rig - the fx patches control everything including the amp - currently what i'm doing with my other rig.

I'm also looking to keep the price under $500. Don't need world class effects. Since i plan to turn the loop off when not using fx, tone suck is not a huge issue.