Multi-Scale Bonanza

• Thread starter bouVIP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Standard Bodens use stainless frets. So I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Would have to be artist choice or something.

I guess I should just ask ola.
Not all bodes had stainless steel frets and the spec sheet for this one lists the frets as
0 fret stainless steel
24 jumbo frets

bzhang9

Reaction score
From what I’ve been hearing lately, the Indonesian factories are rivalling the Japanese ones in some cases. However I also hear the Boden J series are better than the normal Japanese stuff. I’d pick up one of either of them most likely.
Nah the indo ones still suck mostly, you might get lucky but most are not 2k quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Nah the indo ones still suck mostly, you might get lucky but most are not 2k quality

The last Prestige Ibanez I bought had terrible fretwork and a shim under the nut that stuck out the side of the neck. So...

bzhang9

Reaction score
The last Prestige Ibanez I bought had terrible fretwork and a shim under the nut that stuck out the side of the neck. So...
and that one guy's jackson CS had 23 frets... that proves nothing, it's great OP got a nice indo, but everyone knows you're buying the name and design in indo strandbergs, not the quality

bouVIP

Reaction score
This model itself is around $1300-1500 so yeah I think it's pretty pricey for an Indo guitar but wasn't expecting the $2K quality of the older Boden models

pfizer

Reaction score
Those look great man, happy NGD!

Also, now I don't feel so weird wanting a purple PRS Custom 24 and a Zemaitis purely because the guitarists from Band Maid use them.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Hell yeah glad to see another Bandori fan. I actually saw them last year and this year and I love them. Only reason I got this one was cause it was a really nice "cheaper" model. They have the actual Made in Japan version too, but that's at like $5000+
0223102611_5c70a133b3a97.jpg

I wonder when they will be coming out with the seven string version. The new single that's coming out next week is played live with a seven string and a five string bass.

Those look great man, happy NGD!

Also, now I don't feel so weird wanting a purple PRS Custom 24 and a Zemaitis purely because the guitarists from Band Maid use them.

Do it!

The Zemaitis is a really nice guitar.

pfizer

Reaction score
I think her old addictone was nicer.

I really liked those Addictones she used as well but I think Kanami mentioned being a big Carlos Santana fan, so her using a PRS kind of makes sense. Addictone is also a pretty niche brand so I don't blame her for shifting to a more well-known brand -- never know when you might need to get an "emergency guitar" if some gear goes haywire during a show.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I wonder when they will be coming out with the seven string version. The new single that's coming out next week is played live with a seven string and a five string bass.

Do it!

The Zemaitis is a really nice guitar.

I know Riko used a 7 for their performance of HHW songs so maybe soon that'd be sick.

Also I love Kanami and her purple PRS's top is fucking insanely gorgeous.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
I know Riko used a 7 for their performance of HHW songs so maybe soon that'd be sick.
I think they're just sticking to the models the characters use. Rimi has two pink ESP Amaze basses, one with a Jazz configuration and another with Music Man bridge/Jazz neck pickups, that she uses live but the only one in production is the pink Viper bass (the new one is metallic pink and has EMGs instead of solid pink and Duncans).

AltecGreen

Reaction score
I think they're just sticking to the models the characters use. Rimi has two pink ESP Amaze basses, one with a Jazz configuration and another with Music Man bridge/Jazz neck pickups, that she uses live but the only one in production is the pink Viper bass (the new one is metallic pink and has EMGs instead of solid pink and Duncans).
Riko has been using the seven for the new RAS song. Raychell also switches to a five string for the same song. I see a marketing opportunity for later this year.