Multi-scale Evertune coming soon

• Thread starter keyanhoushmand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is nice and all, but how much tuning stability do you really need to play ghost notes and a couple rounds of 0-1-1-000?

But then again, I know nothing takes me out of the moment like hearing a gained out, quantized, compressed, riff that has a note that is 2 cents off. It’s like they don’t even care about the listeners experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ixlramp

Reaction score
See the 'Evertune Bass Bridge' thread in this forum. The seemingly far superior Bass Evertune design (which they intend to use for guitar Evertune version 2) has individual bridges and baseplates, so the basic product will be multiscale-capable.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
See the 'Evertune Bass Bridge' thread in this forum. The seemingly far superior Bass Evertune design (which they intend to use for guitar Evertune version 2) has individual bridges and baseplates, so the basic product will be multiscale-capable.
That’s super cool. That would allow a lot of configurability on their part, which means we should be seeing a number of different varieties.

ErockRPh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is interesting. I was just thinking about how this would probably never happen because of the various scale lengths out there. If it ever did happen, I assumed it would be single-string bridges like the Ibanez Mono Rail or Hipshot Solo.

I can certainly see the benefit of this, especially those of us who like floppy strings and hit them hard.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But then again, I know nothing takes me out of the moment like hearing a gained out, quantized, compressed, riff that has a note that is 2 cents off. It’s like they don’t even care about the listeners experience!

:rofl:

For real.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I absolutely appreciate the Evertune for recording. I don’t even do the modern ‘everything is perfect’ kind of recording, I still go for full takes and if there’s a tiny mistake 3/4’s in the song, I’m not re-recording the whole take. But if there’s a small tuning issue, I’ll scrap that shit faster than something really fast.

When I’m stacking up a shitload of VST’s and a ton of guitar tracks, it doesn’t take long for a few tracks that are all off by 1-2 cents to stack up and sound like ass, or I’ll be listening to all this nice work I did with all these strings and guitars I spent forever dialing in so they’d all fit in a mix and I hear a couple strings beating within it all.

Even more opposition to it all, I hate pitch correction of any sort on vocals if I can hear it, I refuse to use it on my own vocals and I know for a fact there’s plenty of parts that are a bit sharp/flat, it just doesn’t bother me the same way stacked guitars do.