Music documentaries/making ofs etc.

• Thread starter gnoll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Nice. I know for a fact that he pulled it and maybe his whole channel back around the time Mordial released.
I feel like I originally had to watch it on vimeo or something like that
oops, almost forgot these..

I love the bit about how they got the vocals to progressively increase in volume for that bit

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I originally had to watch it on vimeo or something like that

I love the bit about how they got the vocals to progressively increase in volume for that bit

I literally had a flashback to that moment when I saw the video thumbnail!!!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Back when dvd's were a thing I'd buy all the limited editions of albums just to see the included making of stuff. Alestorm's Sunset on the Golden Age had a pretty fun documentary on it, also some of the Ensiferum stuff was nice to watch. And then there's Children of Bodom's legendary Thrashed and lost in Helsinki, which is actually more of a short comedy movie :lol:

Seems like that sort of thing was kinda lost around 10 years ago. For a while everyone just put that stuff on Youtube, but now it's all on Patreon or whatever and you gotta subscribe and pay constantly to get all the stuff... Like for example I'm interested in Avatar's latest making of documentary, but to see that you gotta "become a citizen of Avatar country"... And I'm honestly just not that big of a fan.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Roadrunner United is something I just keep coming back to semi regularly. There's so many musicians on that project which I like and admire.

Other than that there's many bands who make really good "Making of" videos of album recordings. Here's a couple I just could remember of the top of my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlB6dGIRutY