Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

• Thread starter Bdtunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
John Cruz maybe?

Perfect pairing.

:ugh:

That guitar in general just strikes me more as a Kramer guitar rather than a Gibson. I don't wanna imagine a Flying V that basically looks like a hybrid between a King V and Rhoads with a Gibson logo slapped on it.

Also that's totally a Kramer headstock.

samhead-jpg.3139129

And I mean... They've already released a Rhoads with a Gibson/Kramer logo on it.

KRM%20KVGCP%20CRCH3-Large.jpg

But yeah, I can't find the original instagram post. He must have deleted it because he was either wrong or Gibson told him to take it down. The post DID exist according to google, though.

Last edited:

Zhysick

Reaction score
Well, that "Kramer King V" definitely has the Mustaine controls layout... But how many decades have passed since the last USA built Kramer? I don't know...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well, that "Kramer King V" definitely has the Mustaine controls layout... But how many decades have passed since the last USA built Kramer? I don't know...

Yeah the layout is what sold me on it possibly being a model for him. Plus the silver body and black headstock.

Also FWIW, Gibson HAS been trying to revive the brand. I can see them setting some room aside in their US shops for some USA Kramers if they're serious about it.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
All they seem to have left that I know about are Kerry King (retired) and Michael Amott. Is Eric Peterson from Testament still with dean?

Couple of artists near the end of contracts who have hinted at not resigning them as well.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Yeah the layout is what sold me on it possibly being a model for him. Plus the silver body and black headstock.

Also FWIW, Gibson HAS been trying to revive the brand. I can see them setting some room aside in their US shops for some USA Kramers if they're serious about it.

But, if this is really Gibson (well, Kramer) this was the perfect opportunity for a reboot of the Y2KV... you know, what brand better than Gibson for the propper Gibson Flying V shape...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
But, if this is really Gibson (well, Kramer) this was the perfect opportunity for a reboot of the Y2KV... you know, what brand better than Gibson for the propper Gibson Flying V shape...

I mean you gotta start somewhere. :lol: I'm actually curious if Gibson knew that Mustaine's contract was up, so they sent him this guitar to see if he'd be willing to try them.

Also FWIW, if they can yank Jerry Cantrell away from his 30-year relationship with G&L, they can probably convince Mustaine.

Zhysick

Reaction score
I won't buy any of his signature guitars anyway, specially because I cannot afford a Gibson and if I could I would get a Les Paul because I like small guitars BUT I would be really disappointed if he goes to Gibson and doesn't get a "new" Y2KV because that was his best signature ever. That's it :lol:

Also, I think it would be easy for Gibson to convince Mustaine:
- Hey Dave, you hate Fender because they got Jackson instead of you. You wanna come so we can piss of Fender together?

:lol: :lol:

manu80

Reaction score
They still have karl sanders but thats a niche market
Leamer would be good because like dean they can have a 3/4 different models il terms of prices
Gibson can’t. One gibson at 4k then a 1k epiphone. Period.
So Kramer could work bit at 60 being the flagship of a brand.... i don’t know

mitou

Reaction score
Wait, isn't Michael Schenker still with Dean? Who was a big part of the reason why Amott and Mustaine went there in the first place, being huge Schenker fanboys?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Funny thing is this was announced a few days after this video was released

If the Gibson thing is true, then he definitely needed to find a way to one-up Kirk... again. :lol:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Couple of artists near the end of contracts who have hinted at not resigning them as well.

You know what is funny about this?

Chris Canella is the product manager/ artist relations guy at Dean. Chris was at Jackson and since he left, Jackson got a bunch of artists and their product line up has gotten much better. Then he went to ESP and ESP had a few artists leave and as I remember their product lineup for a while is not the best, ok but it could have been better, then he left ESP and now ESP is gaining artists and since he left, ESP's product line up has been killing it. And now he is at Dean and artists are leaving, big Dean artists too....

I have a feeling Chris Canella is the common theme here. It could just be a hunch but this is what I notice.