MXR Zakk Wylde Anniversary Pedals

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like all of the Zakk MXR pedals are being reissued.

"2023 marks the 20th anniversary of Zakk Wylde’s partnership with MXR, and as such, the pair have rekindled their partnership for a run of celebratory stompboxes. In total, the drop is made up of five pedals – three of which have been released to spearhead the range – which each bring to the table a flashy new-look chassis to house some of Wylde’s go-to MXR effects."

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting.... I half expected it to be separate from MXR.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The upcoming rotovibe sounds interesting too... I wonder if any of these sound much different than anythingng else out there? Was his old sig overdrive any different than any of MXR's overdrives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The upcoming rotovibe sounds interesting too... I wonder if any of these sound much different than anythingng else out there? Was his old sig overdrive any different than any of MXR's overdrives?

Honestly no idea never had one... I do know it's a based on the Boss SD-1 with a few tweaks

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've heard the ZW OD described as an SD-1 with more volume and low end.
I hope they fixed the issue with the chorus' bypass. Idk if this affected the ZW chorus as well, but the Analog Chorus has a noticeable high cut when bypassed. and the Analog Chorus was supposed to be just a ZW chorus without the graphics.

Reaction score
I hope they fixed the issue with the chorus' bypass. Idk if this affected the ZW chorus as well, but the Analog Chorus has a noticeable high cut when bypassed. and the Analog Chorus was supposed to be just a ZW chorus without the graphics.
....why would you ever bypass the chorus?! I keep mine on

owlexifry

Reaction score
looking at a ZW schematic - yep - that is pretty much it. an alternate SD-1.

the MXR GT-OD and ZW44 are almost exactly the same.

there's a little article about them here:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
looking at a ZW schematic - yep - that is pretty much it. an alternate SD-1.

the MXR GT-OD and ZW44 are almost exactly the same.

there's a little article about them here:
The MXR Classic OD was a two-in-one deal that let you change the circuits between a ZWOD and GTOD with just the flick of a switch, so yeah I imagine the differences aren't too major.

The Monster With .

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The MXR Classic OD was a two-in-one deal that let you change the circuits between a ZWOD and GTOD with just the flick of a switch, so yeah I imagine the differences aren't too major.
Yep, I have a classic OD modded with a toggle switch. There isn't a huge difference between the two, but the ZW setting with the asymmetrical clipping is a bit louder and meaner.

Pretty cool pedal, but it's a bit loud, which I think was a common complaint.

4Eyes

Reaction score
I'll probably jump on the Wah, missed the opportunity then, and used prices are stupid, now

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Btw I guess this means the pedal side of Wylde Audio is for sure dead and gone lol. I remember him wanting to expand the brand into pedals, amps, and strings and whatnot but that didn't seem to work out. And I guess Schecter's amp division flopping so hard meant the amps aren't happening either on a mass production scale, on top of James Brown working for EVH now

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my guess is it's just the regular Rotovibe Dunlop sells but with Zakk style.

BTW i have the regular Rotovibe and it's one of my favorite pedals ever. I'm also a massive Zakk fan.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Product codes for the new pedals are WA instead of ZW, like it was with old pedals....just sayin'
They're using the name for the line of reissue pedals, the Wylde Audio series. I was expecting a whole line of pedals under the Wylde Audio brand, or at least what Misha is doing and having MXR build pedals that aren't being advertised as MXR pedals lol. But it looks like they just used the Wylde Audio name for the series itself and they're MXR pedals. It's some weird middle ground.