My family is badass.

• Thread starter heavy7-665
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
That's pretty badass.

My family name comes from Ireland, after we got kicked out and moved to Scotland. MacDubshire, which means "Dark one of peace". AKA the Black Knights.

Then we ended up in America (don't know how or when, I couldn't find much information besides we fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War, but were NOT slave owners), and fled the Appalachians because we were shine runners during Prohibition. Know what my genius ancestors decided to do to hide from the feds? Changed our name from MacFee, to McFee and moved to Missouri. :lol:

EDIT:

There's actually a lot of conflicting info in my family name after they got to America. The records of my family fighting for the south can be found in Missouri, and some other states on the east coast, which means they could have changed their name and left the Appalachians long before Prohibition. The info I've found, and the stuff my Aunt has found, have been different on a lot of things.

groph

Reaction score
My last name, Matheson, comes from "son of the bear" which I always kind of liked. My first name, Geoffrey, is really fucking old. I guess it comes from the old German name Gottfried. I guess it is old, Geoffrey Chaucer was born in 1343, and Geoffrey of Monmouth was born around 1100.

Cabinet

:O
Reaction score
Our old name, Kaebel, was apparently closely tied with the Czars of Russia. We received the honor to use the Czar Imperial Seal (for things like letters etc)
I'm gonna ask my dad about it tomorrow and get a few more accurate details

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Our old name, Kaebel, was apparently closely tied with the Czars of Russia. We received the honor to use the Czar Imperial Seal (for things like letters etc)
I'm gonna ask my dad about it tomorrow and get a few more accurate details

That's pretty fucking badass, too.

Too bad everybody in the world equates Russia with Dirty Pinko Commies, so I wouldn't really use the Imperial Seal on anything :lol:

techcoreriffman

: roll :
Reaction score
My last name is Karlinski. Fuck all knows what that means.

But, my Dad is Polish, Mexican (We think Mayan mostly, but can't trace it), and Sioux Indian and a very small part Sudanese. I could in some way be related to people who commited human sacrifice and Sitting Bull.

Oh, and my mom is German, Irish and English. Perfectly normal

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
my family/ancestors have always been in northern america, except for when we came down from russia thru canada to america (atleast thats where the experts say native americans came from)

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
I have no clue where my last name came from, or how to find out... Someone give me some clues where to look.