My first mod project (Carving Content inside, 56k= unfriendly)

• Thread starter Ruins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's awesome, I almost jsut think you should leave it at that, haha. It's like the skin is cut of and you can see some bones or something.

Yeah. I kinda agree... although, I'd sand the top/flat-areas to get a uniform kinda surface, and stain it, leaving the crevices a little dark and giving it a pinch more contrast and depth. :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruins

Reaction score
GWAR would be proud.
:hbang:

How do you plan on smoothing out the edges and stuff when it's all finished, or are you going to leave it as is?
no i am not going to leave it as it is, right now its in "sketch" condition. i am still drawing/marking the design.
when it will be done i'll use my current tools which are dremel drills are my carving knifes. to smooth it out i'll just have to work more detailed and gentle.

the problem is not the instruments and tools that are needed for completing this job, if you would really wanted to you could achieve fine results with a spoon too but patience thats the true problem.
patience is the most important thing in all this or in fact any project that you do.
even though i know this but i had to relearn this lesson couple times with my other guitar build project that i am doing right now (i'll post picstory when its done)
i am so angry with my self that i just couldn't stop my self from doing the mistake even though i knew that i will do it.

:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

this is one of my favorites for detail with a dremel, might help.
109 Engraving Cutter / Model: 109
:agreed:
i am considering of buying a set of this fine drills only if money wasn't an issue right now..
damn lifestyle of a poor students :realmad:

That's awesome, I almost jsut think you should leave it at that, haha. It's like the skin is cut of and you can see some bones or something.

Yeah. I kinda agree... although, I'd sand the top/flat-areas to get a uniform kinda surface, and stain it, leaving the crevices a little dark and giving it a pinch more contrast and depth. :2c:
yeah this is my plane. i am not going to carve all of it just some arias that it will look like its cutting out from below the smooth surface

Ruins

Reaction score
UPDATE:

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

i have done some new details on the side bones and the inside part of the lower horn few details here and there in already existing details and as you can see i also started to shape the end of the lower horn.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really liking it to much at first but this is starting to look badass. Good job man and keep up the work

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Like any sketch, the construction lines, the basic forms often seem far-removed from an awesome finished drawing, so I'll enjoy seeing how it develops.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to say, if this turns out to be really good looking, you should fix the bridge problems to make it look cool and actually play good too

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn you've got some talent. Looking great so far :yesway:

Ruins

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really liking it to much at first but this is starting to look badass. Good job man and keep up the work
at first me neither it felt like i fucked it up but i had this vison that kept me going after and shortly after it didn't look so awful any more and that moment was when i took the first pics.
Oh I forgot to say, if this turns out to be really good looking, you should fix the bridge problems to make it look cool and actually play good too
i already marked the new position of the bridge it should be able to gt in tune when its done.
play good part hmmm.. i don't know about that. the current neck is crap it has few dead spots particular after the 12th fret maybe it has to do with the fact that it had clear lake in the neck pocket i removed some of it maybe it will help if not i am not going to bother to make it better guitar as it is piece of crap. all this carving is just practice for me to prove my self that i can.

This is getting interesting...I have no idea what you're going for :lol:

Hurry up and finish! :D
i have no idea either :lol: i just let the work guide me

looking BADASS!!

more pics, please.
h. r. gigier would seriously be proud of that.
i will make some new as soon as some visible progress will be seen

Ruins

Reaction score
UPDATE:

some progress on the lower horn, still lots to be done i want to shape it more rounded.

IMG_6141.jpg

another view of this horn.

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

i just laid down the neck in to the pocket to see how it looks like.
hmmmmm... looks not bad at all.
IMG_6151.jpg

sorrry for the crappy pictures with crappy lighting.
i am coming home from work starting to work on this after 2-3 good hours of work its all of a sudden very dark out side so i am forced to take the pictures like this.
i will try to make the next pics with normal day light it looks much better then.

theshred201

Reaction score
Eh, dark pictures are better than no pictures, especially when they are pictures of something awesome...

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I love how it looks like the "skin" of the guitar was taken off to reveal the bones and mechanics underneath.

AWESOME!

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
LOOK AT THE SHADOW!!! IT WANTS TO EAT YOU!!!!
TO EAT YOU!! EAT!!! YOU!!!

Really cool texture you got there. Can you see through the guitar on some of those cravings?

Latest posts