My first post……..well for this account at least!

• Thread starter Dave666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi.
I used to post here regularly for years but after a few years absence due to life I tried to sign in again and couldn’t. Tried everything I could without any success.
So I finally just gave in and decided to re-register afresh but when I tried to use my old username it said I couldn’t use it because someone was already registered with that username (uuuuuhhhhh……yeah, ME). I think I originally signed up here in 2008.
So why wouldn’t it allow me to use my old account and reset my password or something ?
Some of the older (as in account age not actual age) forum members may remember me. My username was JTM45. Amongst other Ibanez 7’s I used to own a rather well known Ibanez LACS 7string which had a reverse headstock (before Ibanez actually made a production reverse headstock 7 string). It was a kinda metallic graphite colour with a mop inlaid back to back ‘FF’ at the twelfth fret, had a permanently blocked LoPro 7 and a single EMG. It was made for and played quite extensively by Dino Cazares.

Is there any way anybody here could possibly recover my old account for me please ? I’d be eternally greatful.

Here’s a few pics of the 7 strings I owned back then. The LACS, an RG2027xvv and an RG7620.

After posting this I just realised I posted it in the wrong thread. Sorrrrrrry……….doh!!!
IMG_0017.jpegIMG_0018.jpegIMG_0021.jpegIMG_0020.jpeg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool guitars! And yes, talk to any of the mods and they will help you out with your old account.

Reaction score
Thanks guys 🙂🤘
@ThePIGI King - You’ve lost me with that one mate 😁
It was a recent bot or something alike that posted what you just read: Genuine Female Dating... SPAM, obviously.

Regarding the guitars, you got me with that 2027, d you still ave it? Those are, so far, my favorite Ibbys... and the RG7CST, but that's a unicorn for me...

... have you tried to "Recover your password" or "I can't remember my password" options?... or is the associated email account dead?

Nevertheless, welcome back...

Dave666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was a recent bot or something alike that posted what you just read: Genuine Female Dating... SPAM, obviously.

Regarding the guitars, you got me with that 2027, d you still ave it? Those are, so far, my favorite Ibbys... and the RG7CST, but that's a unicorn for me...

... have you tried to "Recover your password" or "I can't remember my password" options?... or is the associated email account dead?

Nevertheless, welcome back...
Thanks for clearing that up for me, 👍😁

Sadly I don’t have the RG2027 any more. It really was a fantastic guitar. Loved the LoPro with the piezo. I’ve got loads of pics of the guitar and some lovely closeups of the LoPro. I also had a tremol-no on it which was handy. I paid £500 on eBay buy it now late one night. Hit the button as soon as it popped up.IMG_3611.jpegIMG_3612.jpegIMG_3621.jpegIMG_3616.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me, 👍😁

Sadly I don’t have the RG2027 any more. It really was a fantastic guitar. Loved the LoPro with the piezo. I’ve got loads of pics of the guitar and some lovely closeups of the LoPro. I also had a tremol-no on it which was handy. I paid £500 on eBay buy it now late one night. Hit the button as soon as it popped up.View attachment 139766View attachment 139769View attachment 139770View attachment 139771
Buying an RG2027XVV for £500 is a steal, wow.. That was a hell of a deal. Thanks for the pics of your old one, I always love to see some of these beauties. Personally, I own 2 of these and modded an RG1527 to carry piezos as well... there's a thread around here describing it. Super cool mod, really, and they sound the same, minus some small differences because of the pickups each one has...

Dave666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a long time ago, around 2007 I think, but it was still really cheap for the time. The guy I bought it off was gassing for a Caparison and he was £500 short so he wanted a quick sale before someone else bought the Caparison. I remember posting on here about it and everyone else in the uk on here were gutted that they didn’t spot it before me.
I paid £1000 for the LACS Dino from a guy in Norway who put it up for sale on Jemsite. Another bargain. 😁

myhandhurts

kacey
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a long time ago, around 2007 I think, but it was still really cheap for the time. The guy I bought it off was gassing for a Caparison and he was £500 short so he wanted a quick sale before someone else bought the Caparison. I remember posting on here about it and everyone else in the uk on here were gutted that they didn’t spot it before me.
I paid £1000 for the LACS Dino from a guy in Norway who put it up for sale on Jemsite. Another bargain. 😁
If it's not a problem, may I ask why you sold Dino's LACS? If I ever got one of those, I'd do anything to keep it in my collection.

Dave666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problem at all mate. It was just a stupid decision. Strangely there was another Caparison involved. This guy in Taiwan had a beautiful Caparison TAT in the Red Sunset finish (one of the original run not the later reissue that had a totally different Red Sunset finish). He also had a Ken Lawrence Explorer like Hetfield plays but he wouldn’t part with that. Anyway, we went back and forth and he eventually offered me the TAT and £2000 cash in exchange for the Dino LACS and I stupidly went for it. It was a great deal considering I paid £1000 for the Dino but as soon as I’d shipped the Dino I had massive regret.
The LACS Dino was very limited tonally (one EMG and one volume pot, a blocked LoPro and a painted neck) but the one sound it did do was obviously pure Dino. I’m really not a fan of EMG’s but I still massively regret letting that guitar go.
The build quality on the LACS was insanely good. The EMG had “custom 7 for DC” written on the back of it because EMG didn’t make 7 string pickups at the time. It had a block of Ebony glued behind the trem block so it was pretty much permanently blocked. The rosewood they used for the fingerboard was beautiful and the FF inlay was real mother of Pearl. It had (I think) an alder body and a maple neck with a purpleheart centre strip that ran the full length of the neck and through the headstock. I think the serial number on the back of the headstock was LACS2021. I spoke with Tak Matsumoto from the LACS and he remembered personally building the guitar for Dino and convincing him to have it finished in the colour it was.
There was a guy who was a member here who was one of Dino’s mates or his guitar tech or something who messaged me asking if Dino could phone me because he wanted to buy the guitar back but at the time I didn’t want to sell it and he apparently sold it for less than I’d paid for it. Dino also offered me a trade for another LACS they built for him. It was a black neck-thru guitar which had an edge fx 7 on it that was made from two edge fx 6 string bridges that had been cut in half and joined back together as a 7 string bridge. It was cool but wasn’t anywhere near as nice as the one I had.

Pics of the Caparison I took as part of the sale/trade.IMG_3605.jpegIMG_3604.jpeg

Last edited:

myhandhurts

kacey
Reaction score
No problem at all mate. It was just a stupid decision. Strangely there was another Caparison involved. This guy in Taiwan had a beautiful Caparison TAT in the Red Sunset finish (one of the original run not the later reissue that had a totally different Red Sunset finish). He also had a Ken Lawrence Explorer like Hetfield plays but he wouldn’t part with that. Anyway, we went back and forth and he eventually offered me the TAT and £2000 cash in exchange for the Dino LACS and I stupidly went for it. It was a great deal considering I paid £1000 for the Dino but as soon as I’d shipped the Dino I had massive regret.

Pics of the Caparison I took as part of the sale/trade.View attachment 139846View attachment 139848
Well atleast you got a killer guitar and twice as much as you paid for the LACS. I can see why you sold it, but I don't think I would've been able to sell that thing if I was in your shoes, even with that good of an offer, unless it was directly to Dino. Do you still have the Caparison?

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
Hi.
I used to post here regularly for years but after a few years absence due to life I tried to sign in again and couldn’t. Tried everything I could without any success.
So I finally just gave in and decided to re-register afresh but when I tried to use my old username it said I couldn’t use it because someone was already registered with that username (uuuuuhhhhh……yeah, ME). I think I originally signed up here in 2008.
So why wouldn’t it allow me to use my old account and reset my password or something ?
Some of the older (as in account age not actual age) forum members may remember me. My username was JTM45. Amongst other Ibanez 7’s I used to own a rather well known Ibanez LACS 7string which had a reverse headstock (before Ibanez actually made a production reverse headstock 7 string). It was a kinda metallic graphite colour with a mop inlaid back to back ‘FF’ at the twelfth fret, had a permanently blocked LoPro 7 and a single EMG. It was made for and played quite extensively by Dino Cazares.

Is there any way anybody here could possibly recover my old account for me please ? I’d be eternally greatful.

Here’s a few pics of the 7 strings I owned back then. The LACS, an RG2027xvv and an RG7620.

After posting this I just realised I posted it in the wrong thread. Sorrrrrrry……….doh!!!
View attachment 139577View attachment 139578View attachment 139583View attachment 139584
Damn man !!! My dream guitar , but i wasnt even alive back when it all happenned... hahaha
Thankfully i got my CAMO RGD7 LACS of Dino which i would like to trade for this silver LACS. Sadly owner wasnt online since 2022...
Thats the one to rule them all ! Thanks for sharing this story <3 !

Dave666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Nikt man!!! 😁
Been a long time mate. Hope you’re doing well. How’s everything been with you ?

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Hey Nikt man!!! 😁
Been a long time mate. Hope you’re doing well. How’s everything been with you ?

Very long time buddy! Hope all is OK. What new guitars you've got to share with us? I remember that orange caparison :)
Your silver LACS came a long journey :) It was for some time in Poland, got back to Dino, was repainted with no swoosh headstock and was sold after Dino part ways with Ibanez.
Didn't had chance to buy it, but my awesome friends from this forum helped me to get very simillar one but with tom bridge. :metal: