My Pakistani Prog Metal/Djent band just released a song. Please give it a listen.

• Thread starter Ibzzus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibzzus

Jangle/shoegaze-core
Reaction score
This is pretty sweet. Can I give you money for it?

Well, we plan on putting the rest of the album up on bandcamp, this song is free though. It's just a 4 song EP though so we won't be charging much as is. Appreciate the enthusiasm :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Dude, I really dig it! How is the metal scene, or any underground music scene doing in Pakistan? Seems both India and Pakistan have quite the taste for good metal. Keep at it, you guys are solid and I assume you sort of stand out in Pakistan, which you can totally use to your advantage, hell it got me to click and listen. :hbang:

Ibzzus

Jangle/shoegaze-core
Reaction score
Dude, I really dig it! How is the metal scene, or any underground music scene doing in Pakistan? Seems both India and Pakistan have quite the taste for good metal. Keep at it, you guys are solid and I assume you sort of stand out in Pakistan, which you can totally use to your advantage, hell it got me to click and listen. :hbang:

Thanks a lot bro. The metal scene is just 4 or 5 decent underground bands that play a couple of DIY gigs a year. It's mostly extreme metal though. We are the only modern sounding metal band here. Yeah India has some fantastic metal. Haha, we complain all the time about being in Pakistan where there is no market for this type of music but yeah, you are right, we stand out, so that's actually an advantage. :agreed:

Cake Machine

Banned
Reaction score
I like this, the lead playing is great.

But here's a question, coming out of what I expected to hear before I'd really thought about it - I come from areas with a huge Pakistani population (Sheffield/Rotherham), spent a lot of my 20's living in those communities, and I do realise that e.g.bhangra music is more a UK Pakistani thing than Pakistan itself... but is that something that is on your radar? Those kinda of tonalities and rhythms finding itself into this kind of modern metal would be really interesting. This stuff is pretty much of the global modern metal sound, clearly quite Petrucci & djenty influenced - would you be interested in giving this more of the specific regional musical feels? Or does that even mean anything to you?

It's just a point of curiosity, because I think I'd like the results of what I'm imagining, rather than it being a criticism, or trying to be provocative etc..

Last edited:

DragonGuitar

Reaction score
This sounds awesome man! I love prog metal, especially instrumental or with clean vocals (not a fan of harsh vocals haha) and you guys sound great! Let me know when you release the EP, I will check it out!

MarmaladeMad

Reaction score
Haraamiii! Killer song writing and amazing production. Glad to know you guys are the forerunners for the metal scene in Pakistan. I need to be in Lahore the next time you guys play live.