My string tension calculator for 7's and 8's (it does fan fretted too)

• Thread starter Stateless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ra1der2

Reaction score
He's definitely a finesse player, and he also tunes down a half step with those. I forgot to mention he's using 1.5mm picks also.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoff

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for this, it really helps me organize my tension calculations for the different guitars that I use. The only other thing I'd like to see is the option to choose acoustic guitar strings :)

Xplora

Reaction score
Thread resurrection. Loved it. Easy to use, didn't need to install JavaScript either! Copy paste FTW. Worked out that moving from 10-52+68 to an 8 string 28" scale will mean 10-46+68+90 to keep all my string tension roughly sensible. Might need to lighten up on the pick attack a little, but I'm a bottom heavy guy anyway, and using low E and D on an 8 kinda says "maybe you shouldn't hammer those strings anymore hey?"

RingletsOfDoom

Reaction score
Huge thanks for this! So flexible and easy to use. Now I don't have to buy half a dozen single strings just to work out which feels right :D