My ViK Duality 7 on progress

• Thread starter Casper777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Looks like my Duality is approaching completion !!

ViK Duality "the Transcendence" builds

Nice pictures... These Duality are really looking great !

Can't wait to see if they are worth the long wait (3 years)

Keep it luthery focused guys... Don't want this one to turn again into some bashing there is another thread for that :bowdown::hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
After a quick calculation it's more 2 years and 4 months ! To be precise ;)

I was warned that it could take long so no harm on that side

Just received some more pictures tonight! Very happy! Final assembly over the weekend!

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
he has current clients easily past 3 years waiting.

dude does build a good guitar though

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
I'd wait 3 years for a Carl Thompson. But not a vik.

JerichoCheng

Reaction score
Duality is the best shape ever!
just the waiting is so pain,
hope the FF8 run will start soon,,

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
The quality of his guitars is probably the only thing I find positive about mister Vik. I'll never like this man.

But at least he builds you a nice looking guitar. I hope you'll enjoy it when you receive it.

Lemons

Reaction score
The quality of his guitars is probably the only thing I find positive about mister Vik. I'll never like this man.

But at least he builds you a nice looking guitar. I hope you'll enjoy it when you receive it.

I feel like I've missed something here, what's the problem with Vik guitars?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
He's an unrepented homophobe and caused a ruckus last year with his homophobic comments on his Facebook. But he makes nice guitars.

Lemons

Reaction score
Ahhh thanks guys, I guess that's a reason to keep personal views out of business. I'd still love to get my hands on a duality 6'er.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
These guitars are worth the wait. I bought one second hand and it is a really wonderful instrument. The craftsmanship and detail is really amazing, as are the quality of the woods. The in house pickups are excellent, too. They are probably my favorite part of the guitar, as well as the thick figured maple binding. It plays easily, has a brilliant amount of sustain, and everything sounds as clear as a bell.

I also am waiting on the FF8 run to commence. I ordered a pretty decked out guitar so it should be a sweet build to follow, as well as the rest of the group in that run!

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
These guitars are worth the wait. I bought one second hand and it is a really wonderful instrument. The craftsmanship and detail is really amazing, as are the quality of the woods. The in house pickups are excellent, too. They are probably my favorite part of the guitar, as well as the thick figured maple binding. It plays easily, has a brilliant amount of sustain, and everything sounds as clear as a bell.

I also am waiting on the FF8 run to commence. I ordered a pretty decked out guitar so it should be a sweet build to follow, as well as the rest of the group in that run!

not worth being a client and dealing with his bull..... he treats his customers so poorly but i agree his work is great and if you can get one without having to deal with him, def. should

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
not worth being a client and dealing with his bull..... he treats his customers so poorly but i agree his work is great and if you can get one without having to deal with him, def. should

I'm just speaking on behalf of the poor guitar. I felt bad for it, as it gently weeped. So I bought it and made it fvcking scream!

The FF8 run hasn't started yet!?!?

Nothing I have heard or seen. Due for completion last year. Hopefully with his shop set up things will gradually happen. I just want the guitar at this point.