N(belated)AD!!!

• Thread starter MYGFH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MYGFH

Music your GF hates
Reaction score
I got this last week. Man I was so sick. I finally got the camera out to take some picks...

IMG_1999.JPG

Basically, my signal path is:

Guitar->Behringer2600MDX Compressor Ch1->6505+->FxLoopSend->StompBoxes->Behringer2600MDX Compressor Ch2->BehringerFBQ1502 EQ->FXLoopReturn->Vypyr112Cab

Sounds totally kickass. Low volumes for shitty apartment playing. I have reaper, I have VST software. Couldn't find any love for it when it comes to daily playing. It seemed as though I spent more time fiddle-f*cking around with my computer than being productive with my guitar.

Two great things about this amp are: 1. easy to get good sound out of. 2. There is something about tube amps that, to me, sound better, alive.

On my setup, basically the Compressor Ch1 acts in the traditional setup known on this forum with with a gate and comp in front of the amp.

Compressor Ch2 has little compression, less noise gate, and is mainly volume control and cleanup unwanted noise. Chug, chug.

I'm playing through a Peavey Vypyr 112 Cab. It has a Blue Marvel speaker. According to the Peavey website its sound is similar to the Sheffields that come in the 6505 cab. With the EQ it sounds great. I'm sure it would still sound better with another speaker... Probably a WGS Veteran 30

Also!!!.... I have some spare tubes that I keep in an old pelican case that I have...
IMG_2001.JPG

So, I pulled open the back and was going to change out those Ruby Tube 12AX7's. To my surprise there were JJ's mixed in there.
Here is what was inside (stock):
v4_____ v3_____ v5_____ v2_____ v1______ v6
Ruby___ Ruby___ Ruby___ JJ______ JJ______ JJ
Tube___ Tube___ Tube___ 12AX7__ 12AX7__ 12AX7
12AX7__ 12AX7__ 12AX7

Here is what's in there now:
v4_____ v3_____ v5_____ v2______ v1______ v6
JJ______ Ruby___ NOS___ JJ_______ JJ______ JJ
ECC803S Tube___ GE____ 12AX7___ 12AX7__ 12AX7
_______ Tested__ 12AX7
_______ HiGain
_______ 12AX7

I'm very happy. This was a big purchase for me. Basically I'm this is my birthday and Christmas for 2012!

meambobbo

Reaction score
did they throw in the Denon to close the deal? ;-)

sick rig - I kind of want one of those EQ's

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.