N(used) GD!

• Thread starter Mwoit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Picked up an Ibanez S540 while I was in Japan. I didn't really need a new guitar but this one seemed so beautiful and played like butter that I couldn't resist. Definitely a keeper and with new pickups, it'd sound beastin. The main attraction was the maple fretboard, the snappy attack and smoothness is just so lush.

Pictures:

Guitar

IMG_3482.jpg

Headstock

IMG_3483.jpg

Inlay

IMG_3484.jpg

Body

IMG_3485.jpg

Back

IMG_3486.jpg

Guitar & I

IMG_3488.jpg

Cheers to BloodyInferno, Naren and Syriel(@UG) for all the advice, Japan was a total blast. I'll stick a vid up later tonight or tomorrow.:hbang:

Also, you should all listen Exsanguination, Naren's band. I managed to catch them live and they were sick even without a bassist. :yesway:

IMG_3489.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I love these little sweet finds whenever I go to a shop. It's just that Japan's chock full of stuff that I want. :lol:

Congrats man, that's an amazing axe. :hbang:

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Is this a young version of you?

:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on the guitar. I've searched eBay for years for that perfect S540. Lost an auction a few months ago. I'm still bitter about that one. Still, the search continues.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Is this a young version of you?

:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on the guitar. I've searched eBay for years for that perfect S540. Lost an auction a few months ago. I'm still bitter about that one. Still, the search continues.

:lol:

Fuck man, I heard about that advert but that's hilarious. Cheers mate!

It's currently set in D standard with .010's but I think I'll block the trem and put heavier strings so I can mess around with different tunings. The neck pickup has to be raised a bit as well, everything seems to be a bit on the weak side.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar. :yesway: Looks like you got a great deal on it. Shame that the logo is scuffed, but I'm sure that knocked quite a bit off the price.

It was cool meeting you at the gig. Wish it had been a different gig, but I guess that crazy gig reinforced any preconceived notions about Japan being "weird." :lol:

Latest posts