NAD: AMT Stonehead -- first one off the boat. But...

• Thread starter JamesM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm... this or spend the extra $$$ on the Kemper??? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
There's only about an $1150 difference in price between the two... :rofl:

Thats prob what I meant by spend the extra $$$... :squint:

Instead of spending money here and there on guitars (JEM, JPM, Wolfgangs, etc...) I could have afforded a Blackmachine by now (if one were available). Or, instead of buying my Soldano, Peavey, and Engl I could have afforded a Diezel.

So... I'm questioning whether I should keep collecting "cheaper" toys or save up for bigger purchases... :scratch:

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I love the packaging! Custom plywood box and foam to boot.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how these sound, from more people. The price is something I could realistically afford while in school, and this would be great for recording. I like what I've heard so far.

That green looks awesome, thank you for inspiring my colour decision. :yesway: :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thats prob what I meant by spend the extra $$$... :squint:

Instead of spending money here and there on guitars (JEM, JPM, Wolfgangs, etc...) I could have afforded a Blackmachine by now (if one were available). Or, instead of buying my Soldano, Peavey, and Engl I could have afforded a Diezel.

So... I'm questioning whether I should keep collecting "cheaper" toys or save up for bigger purchases... :scratch:

Haha no I got what you meant, I was just saying it isn't a short jump in price between this and something like a Kemper. ;) That's like saying "I'm trying to decide between this Ibanez Gio S-Series or this Ibanez JEM..." :lol: But I hear ya on the dilemma, I'm currently looking at all the crap I have around here and asking myself should I drop the extra stuff and just go down to a single nice amp and be done with it? I'd still like to try a Kemper, but at this point the conversation is veering OT for this thread. :rofl: I will say though, Fred has been talking a lot about the AMT stuff, that's why I was curious if they had US dealers now as I'd like to play one in person to see if I dig it or not. :)

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Good joke, but AMT actually told me that. ;)

if memory serves if memory serves if memory serves

Where am I?

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
They're replacing the unit. I shipped mine back today. I'll do a proper review once the functioning one arrives.

AfroSamurai

Reaction score
Glad to hear that they are replacing it!

When is the new one arriving? I really want to hear a proper review of the toaster :hbang:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Never know with shipping and what-not. But I'll be out of town until Sunday anyway.

I'll do a full in-depth review of this, with videos and clips.

AfroSamurai

Reaction score
Great news!

Can you give us a review of channels 2 and 3? Similarities with other amps and so on? Does it sound to solid state?