New Amp Day: 2204

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
So I thought I was going to be trading my 70s fsr avri for a 1977 hiwatt DR105. Turns out its consignment (so I’ll lowball on it next year, already been there for 6!).

I was already negotiating with the seller of a 1985 jcm800 2204 50w, Canadian model. We came to an agreement after I found out no Hiwatt and I made the 3hr run to try it and pick it up. He also has a 1982B with G12H-100s that I tried with the amp, but I didnt have the cash or trunk space to add it upon arrival. May sell my jcm900 slant and pick it up later though.

Gonna recap it and retube (pending tech tube check), source proper knobs for it as well. No rush on that though :lol:. Currently sporting all mesa glass.

Test run:

IMG_0625.jpeg

And glamour shots

IMG_0629.jpeg

IMG_0630.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0635.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Looks good! Any plans to retolex it? Running your Fractal in the loop for effects?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks good! Any plans to retolex it? Running your Fractal in the loop for effects?
This is OG not reissue, no loop. None of my amps have a loop, actually (now that 5150 is gone).

I have owned 6 amps since buying the axefx (sold 3) and have yet to plug it into any of them. No real plans to change that but the option is there :lol:.

Not gonna bother retolexing, may wipe it down with a cloth to clean it up a little. 100% putting the regular gold/black knobs on it.

Probably drop it off for a checkup early august.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Cool!
Were the rocker switches replaced with toggles? Or were toggles specific to that year? Not sure I've ever seen a marshall without rocker switches, not that I'm any expert, though.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool!
Were the rocker switches replaced with toggles? Or were toggles specific to that year? Not sure I've ever seen a marshall without rocker switches, not that I'm any expert, though.
All the Canadian import models have metal toggles :yesway: its also how you can spot a reissue 2203x from a kilometre away :lol: (reissue has rockers)

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Congrats on the find, and keep us posted on getting a clean bill of health and glass for it :metal:

Obviously you can't go wrong with standard Marshall knobs, but I think the existing ones actually look pretty sick in this case :2c:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on the find, and keep us posted on getting a clean bill of health and glass for it :metal:

Obviously you can't go wrong with standard Marshall knobs, but I think the existing ones actually look pretty sick in this case :2c:
Yeah its less that its awful, more that I like the original look.

6361A408-E2BA-4FED-9DD1-6AF651E508BD.jpeg