NAD: Got me a Kemper!

• Thread starter BMO
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
Yo! I’d been bouncing between amps forever but had been eyeing a Kemper ever sonce it came out. Unfortunately, I worke dminimum wage until my current job so I could never even dream of affording one. But the day finally came and I couldn’t be happier! Video comparisons to real amps really doesn’t do this thing justice. For instance, any videos of comparing it to a rockerverb, you’ll hear the Kemper doesn’t have that oomph on the lowend that the amp does. In reality though, I used a good profile and could tell zero difference to it or the amp! I’m very happy with this thing and will likely never sell it! I feel so inspired and have written alot of riffs the past few days just because of this thing and its range of sounds!

The only downside to it that I can see is also an upside of it. Anyone can make a profile and upload it. Some profiles really suck, but any made in a real studio environment are downright amazing.

Anyways here’s a link to a couple pics! And of a nice rum I’ve had sittin on my desk!

https://imgur.com/gallery/USEj01u

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
Indeed some profiles are terrible but some are insanely real sounding. Check out sinmix profiles for some killer high gain stuff. His 5150 profiles are great. I remember one in particular had the low end air pushing qualities of the real amp. Can’t remember exactly which one it was tho

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
sinmix and pete turley make some really great profiles, same with some of live ready or reampzone's stuff. also check out thumas on the rig exchange, he has some really good mesa profiles.

BMO

Geetarist
Reaction score
sinmix and pete turley make some really great profiles, same with some of live ready or reampzone's stuff. also check out thumas on the rig exchange, he has some really good mesa profiles.

I’ve also been checking out STL Tones and they’ve got some amazing stuff! This Lemper also came loaded with a ton of stuff from Keith Merrow, Ola Englund and a few well known studios.

Congrats! I had a Kemper for a while and it sounded killer with the right profiles loaded up :yesway:

Absolutely! I’ve been rocking some of the higher rated stuff on the rig exchange as well as the profiles the previous owner had downloaded on here that suit my style!

lewis

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! OP

sidenote, Reampzone does some amazing modern metal profiles too that normally include the Fortin 33 pedal infront. His Satan and Friedman profiles are my current favourites.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Awesome! Congratulations!

Common folk with low income here too! If I may ask, how much did you get it for? Does it need an amp and cab?

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Awesome! Congratulations!

Common folk with low income here too! If I may ask, how much did you get it for? Does it need an amp and cab?
there are FRFR speakers that people use with the unpowered version if you don't want to go direct to front of house/into your interface. I never used a cab with mine when I had one.
The powered version works with regular cabs fyi.

Strobe

Reaction score
Congrats! Best piece of gear I have bought in a decade. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

sloanthebone

I power the chords
Reaction score
Congrats! I also just jumped back into the Kemper camp and also recommend Sinmix’s profile packs. The free ones are amazing and pushed me to buy his Producer pack 2 and 3. Might pick up producer pack #1 shortly. His profiles sound the most amp in the room like to me and not a recording with a blanket over it.

Which cab are you using with it? I use my monitoring speakers and a Headrush FRFR cab which I am returning because it is way too boomy. Have a Xitone 12” wedge on order.

lewis

Reaction score
Congrats! I also just jumped back into the Kemper camp and also recommend Sinmix’s profile packs. The free ones are amazing and pushed me to buy his Producer pack 2 and 3. Might pick up producer pack #1 shortly. His profiles sound the most amp in the room like to me and not a recording with a blanket over it.

Which cab are you using with it? I use my monitoring speakers and a Headrush FRFR cab which I am returning because it is way too boomy. Have a Xitone 12” wedge on order.

Isnt there any kind of Low cut button the rear?
If not, I guess EQ block in the Kemper patch to adjust low end boom. I ordered 2 Headrush's Im still waiting for so its good to know they are boomy as I can start preparing for that and adjust patches

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Isnt there any kind of Low cut button the rear?
If not, I guess EQ block in the Kemper patch to adjust low end boom. I ordered 2 Headrush's Im still waiting for so its good to know they are boomy as I can start preparing for that and adjust patches
I use a studio EQ in every profile to, among other things, low cut the boom out. I find that I have to cut around 160-220 hz typically to get rid of it. I like to place this EQ in the first slot. Then I’ll sweep the low-mid frequencies to find the fattest tone and boost it to taste. It kills the boominess without neutering the low end, even though it seems like it would. I figure it’s the difference between an analog circuit and a digital capture of that circuit’s behavior.

Then I like to use the Recti-shaper in the X slot. It adds a bit of hair and thickness when used very moderately. Some profiles I’ll add the graphic EQ in the Mod slot to polish the tone; but I can never decide if I like the added EQ or not. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don’t; so I just toggle it on to see if I’m feeling it or not on that particular day/venue.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Congrats man, I love mine.

Modded Marshall stuff, look for SuckerFreeGear....think they have some free ones on the Rig Exchange, but their paid ones are excellent and really adjustable, much more so than most Kemper profiles.

Reactions: BMO