NAD Incoming

• Thread starter maggotspawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
Custom-Grand-Plexi1959-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-50W-2485_0.jpg

Custom-Grand-Plexi1959-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-50W-2485_1.jpg

Custom-Grand-Plexi1959-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-50W-2485_2.jpg

Custom-Grand-Plexi1959-Guitar-Amplifier-Head-50W-2485_3.jpg

I have wanted to try one of these for a while. Grand Amps Plexi clone. They seem to be priced very reasonably.
I had to pull the trigger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how it compares to a Ceriatone?

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I have wanted to try one of these for a while. Grand Amps Plexi clone. They seem to be priced very reasonably.
I had to pull the trigger.

Not to be nosy, but could you define "very reasonably?"

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, but read for nice plexi tone (with Master volume... ) from the new PRS HDRX 20 Head...

Voodoo Marshall

Reaction score
First time I ever heard of these guys. They make a LOT of gear. Some interesting stuff.

Does anyone know if you can return? I assume they ship directly from China?

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First time I ever heard of these guys. They make a LOT of gear. Some interesting stuff.

Does anyone know if you can return? I assume they ship directly from China?

Yes from China. I was chatting with them by text the other day. They don't have any dealers/distributors in the US. For the G-30RH I was kind of interested in, they said the minimum order is qty 30. For only one amp the cost is much higher -- with shipping & customs to the US it's $935.68, which is way too much for a Chinese amp that I can't hear or try out. They said that one is "SLO style" but with fewer preamp tubes than the real deal I'm thinking it can't be a very faithful clone.

So the hand-wired amps like the OP is getting, or others where you can order a single unit, are the only viable options, IMO.

I would think returning one would be a nightmare.

They were quick to respond by text using the number on the web site. It's not real clear which ones have minimum order quantities.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I still have the Plexi and JCM. They sound great. I had shipping damage for both of them.
The fuse socket was broken on both. Luckily it was an easy fix. I'd recommend express shipping. It costs a little more but might be safer.
How much did the jcm800 clone set you back?