NAD Laney Ironheart IRT60H

Zado

Reaction score
very nice amp man,it's on par with marshall dsl and blackstar ht50 for being my next amp.Does it handle classis rock sounds?

Oh btw,red leds are always a nice addition:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matisq

Reaction score
Does it handle classis rock sounds?

I believe this amp can handle pretty everything. Maybe it's not so Marshall sound but you can always replace poweramp tubes from 6L6 to EL34 (Ironheart have an autobias function).

Zado

Reaction score
I believe this amp can handle pretty everything. Maybe it's not so Marshall sound but you can always replace poweramp tubes from 6L6 to EL34 (Ironheart have an autobias function).
which is a very cooool feature:metal:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not autobias, it has a trim pot. The switch only puts it "in the ballpark" for either 6L6 or EL34s.

GH/VH owners sometimes make the same mistake, the amp needs to be biased for the tubes you put in it.

Luke Acacia

STRAYA
Reaction score
Im interested to see how much you paid for it?
Sounds great by the way, especially for it on its own with no enhancements!

matisq

Reaction score
It's not autobias, it has a trim pot. The switch only puts it "in the ballpark" for either 6L6 or EL34s.

GH/VH owners sometimes make the same mistake, the amp needs to be biased for the tubes you put in it.

You are right sir!
I forgot that there is a switch to select 6L6 or EL34.
I don't know if KT77 KT66 can be used.

ChronicConsumer

Reaction score
Im interested to see how much you paid for it?
Sounds great by the way, especially for it on its own with no enhancements!

I paid €635 for it a few months ago, and my dealer (who is endorsed by Laney) told me that the idea was to get the 120w combo at about 1000. Not sure if he meant €1000 or $1000 though..

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Nice clip. I really wanted one of these, but gas for 90's gear got in the way. I'm all rack now.

matisq

Reaction score
Hey! One year later and I still have it and love it:)
But...
I would like to have a mod: when you use reverb toggle switch, I would like also to enable effects loop. Do you have any idea if this is even possible?

HearGear

Reaction score
Those IronHearts are great in my opinion, i bought two and i must say that i like those amps, i am thinking about putting in some EL34 tubes in one of them so i can see what difference it make.

10612921_10152263110980964_7235594968597981899_n.jpg

viesczy

Reaction score
HNAD!

I am itching for an amp, can't decide which but that is on the SHORT list! Being a Laney Fanboi Deluxe (love my VH100 and TT50) the IRT 60 CALLS to me!

HNAD!

Derek

HearGear

Reaction score
HNAD!

I am itching for an amp, can't decide which but that is on the SHORT list! Being a Laney Fanboi Deluxe (love my VH100 and TT50) the IRT 60 CALLS to me!

HNAD!

Derek

My two IRT:s are 120H modells, i really think u should go for 120 watts..

redlol

Reaction score
I love my Ironheart it sounds stupidly heavy playing in B standard. I have zero complaints about it, and it absolutely slays for metal. I'd say the sound is somewhere between a 5150 and a marshall with a slight bit of mesa scoop going on. That however may just be my EQ settings.

If you use the pre boost for about half your total gain you can get a seriously tight sound out of it. The low B of my LTD MH350 crushes with the correct palm muting technique and a little bit of muscle behind the pick hand ;)

I have the matching 2x12 for it and its a worthy cab I must say.

I picked up the head for 400 bucks too which is a good deal I think. It was almost brand new.