NAD: Mesa Single Rectifier 50w (series 2)

Gmork

Reaction score
So i traded some pedals for a series 2 single rec!!

So far at low home volumes i think its great! I def see what people mean when they talk about the upper mids thing, guess it just doesnt bother me that much, i find going a little lower in the mids helps smooth it out and when its cranked i bet the lowend will fill it out nicely.
Loving how it sounds boosted, its mean! hm2 sounds wicked as well as my mxr m77. Think i like the vintage mode best!
No complains!

I didnt expect it to weight so little which is a bonus!! Plus JUST LOOK AT IT WITH MY CAB! 😍

Attachments

• mySnglRec (20220812034307).jpg
    mySnglRec (20220812034307).jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 50

Gmork

Reaction score
Surprised u haven't seen me post pics or talk about it before, its a randall 2x12 + 1x15, im not 100% on the exact model but pretty sure its a RS125XL.
I have a pair of emi swamps and the 15" is an emi legend.

This cab has sounded incredible with everything I've put through it. I had no quams of selling my mesa OS4x12 cab when i down sized.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Turn treble down more and mids down more too and then adjust mid's then treble up from there. When treble gets lower mids pop differently than with mid's boosted etc. Just an alternate thing to try. Took me a long time to figure that out when I had my Recto Pre I recently sold. It had more grind to it that way though.

Gmork

Reaction score
Turn treble down more and mids down more too and then adjust mid's then treble up from there. When treble gets lower mids pop differently than with mid's boosted etc. Just an alternate thing to try. Took me a long time to figure that out when I had my Recto Pre I recently sold. It had more grind to it that way though.
On vintage i have pres at 10oclock, bass full, mids 1oclock, treble full, gain full.

On modern i like pres at 10oclock, bass full, mids at 9oclock, treble at noon, gain a 3oclock.
These settings while boosted at very quiet low home volume sounds wicked af!

Bearitone

Reaction score
Surprised u haven't seen me post pics or talk about it before, its a randall 2x12 + 1x15, im not 100% on the exact model but pretty sure its a RS125XL.
I have a pair of emi swamps and the 15" is an emi legend.

This cab has sounded incredible with everything I've put through it. I had no quams of selling my mesa OS4x12 cab when i down sized.
I need to find one fucking asap. I thought I’d have to go custom to get 12’s and a 15 together in a cab

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Congrats! 50w Singles are still my favourite rectos, at least until I have the chance to try out a roadster.
I imagine it’s a fucking monster through the 12/12/15 Randall!

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yeah that cab is fucking sick like I always chime in. Happy NAD! Bring down the house.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Always wanted one of those but never got around to tracking one down. Try an EQ in the loop, I bet it kicks ass.

Gmork

Reaction score
Congrats! 50w Singles are still my favourite rectos, at least until I have the chance to try out a roadster.
I imagine it’s a fucking monster through the 12/12/15 Randall!
Funny cuz im selling my roadster atm

Gmork

Reaction score
Favorite tubes recommendations for the single recto AND WHY ??????

Also... Best place to order tubes in canada?

Last edited:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Favorite tubes recommendations for the single recto AND WHY ??????

Also... Best place to order tubes in canada?
Get them from Mesa, They're already matched and also come with a warranty that's like twice as long as other places too.
Edit; nevermind they're still out of stock over there.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
So i traded some pedals for a series 2 single rec!!

So far at low home volumes i think its great! I def see what people mean when they talk about the upper mids thing, guess it just doesnt bother me that much, i find going a little lower in the mids helps smooth it out and when its cranked i bet the lowend will fill it out nicely.
Loving how it sounds boosted, its mean! hm2 sounds wicked as well as my mxr m77. Think i like the vintage mode best!
No complains!

I didnt expect it to weight so little which is a bonus!! Plus JUST LOOK AT IT WITH MY CAB! 😍
the upper mids: its all about speakers with a recto. at last in my experience. try different ones out. eminence speakers tamed my dual recto wonderfully. used an vht cab with eminence p50e's . took away the ice pick that v30's can have.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
God I miss my old Single Rectifier. Hope it serves you well. It just had this bark that I loved. And through Marshall cab got this grittiness with the gt 75s oh man good times

Gmork

Reaction score
I
the upper mids: its all about speakers with a recto. at last in my experience. try different ones out. eminence speakers tamed my dual recto wonderfully. used an vht cab with eminence p50e's . took away the ice pick that v30's can have.
I dont use v30s, well actually my mesa 2x12 has v30s but im currently using my 2x12" + 1x15" (pair of emi swamps and emi 15" legend)

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Nice haul! I've had a single, dual and triple Recto over the years. Out of them all, I still have the single. I'll probably never get rid of that.

Enjoy it!

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
HNAD! I've owned almost every version of the Rectifier and, apparently I'm in the minority here, as the single was my least favorite :lol: Glad you're enjoying it! That can is quite intriguing!