NAD: Monomyth Origin 50

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
After a few failed attempts to purchase a Skeleton Key, I was able to pick up this Monomyth modded Origin 50 from killertone.

It definitely chugs. For something that started off as a fairly inexpensive amp, I'm surprised how good it sounds. It makes me wonder how much better the Skeleton Key could be or if this is pretty close. Either way, it has cured my Monomyth GAS for now.

It also has some different features compared to other ones I've seen Shea do (like the blood switch, mid scoop, and 1947). I've seen those on his other Marshall mods but not the Origin. If you find a good deal on one of these, it is definitely worth picking up.

processed-BBB22BF2-B070-4964-83EB-91541407739E.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Iiinteresting! I picked up an Origin 20 a while back and it's great for cleans and as a pedal platform, but I'm in a spot that's not conducive to cranking it up all the way.

Do you have any soundclips of it yet or were you going to make any?

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I'm not really setup to do it justice. Killertone made a great sounding video when he listed it for sale, but it looks like he took it down afterwards.

I probably have a bit too much gain dialed in above, but that was how I was running it last night into a Carvin 4x12 with Eminence British style speakers. Thunder switch in the middle, 1947 off, and Blood on. That seems to be the most metal combination :shred:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Just curious, once it's modded, is clean out of the picture?

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Just curious, once it's modded, is clean out of the picture?
I haven't tried to get it clean, but probably not. However, you can pull the gain knob out (which I think is opposite from stock) for lower gain.

The loop is functional so you could bypass the preamp all together.