NAD Orange Thunderverb 200

• Thread starter MoistTowelette
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
This is my 3rd or 4th TVerb at this point (not included the dual dark, which has pretty much the same vibe). I keep selling them off and immediately regretting it. Super heavy amp with some of the largest transformers I've seen. Channel B is so fucking good. Channel A is way more dark and mid forward. Much less modern sounding than B but with an eq in the loop, it gives the B channel a run for its money. The "attenuator" knob plays a big role in the tone (not a real attenuator, just a post phase inverter MV from what I've seen online). Turning up the attenuation and channel volume increases the gain and shifts the tone around a bit.

IMG-5966.jpg

IMG-5968.jpg

IMG-5967.jpg

IMG-5969.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks delicious (and heavy), Congrats!
Are you using it for Bass or Guitar?

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Sick! I have a Dual Dark 100 but personally I wonder if that was a mistake and I should have gone Tverb 200. Didn't Josh Middleton use one of these?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sick! I have a Dual Dark 100 but personally I wonder if that was a mistake and I should have gone Tverb 200. Didn't Josh Middleton use one of these?
He demo'd one but it was owned by Alex Bailey.

I actually like the Tverb here more, even though it has less gain. I still prefer the Rockerverb tho

...though you can't beat 200 watts of fuck you here. :lol:

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
I mean, the dual dark is sick too. Originally, I was looking for a cheap 100 but found the tverb instead.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Neato, what's the deal with the actual 100W tube selection? Can you mix tube types?

Incidentially, I have the cab they made for this amp. Got it for $400 mint.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ve never heard one of these in person. What amp do they sound like? I’ve read they’re thick, so I assume they’re saturated, but I don’t know if they’re recto-like, or super tight, or what.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Neato, what's the deal with the actual 100W tube selection? Can you mix tube types?

Incidentially, I have the cab they made for this amp. Got it for $400 mint.
I'm not entirely sure. I'm guessing its so that if you run it at 100W, you can switch pairs so that you don't just wear down one pair of tubes.

I’ve never heard one of these in person. What amp do they sound like? I’ve read they’re thick, so I assume they’re saturated, but I don’t know if they’re recto-like, or super tight, or what.
Yeah thick and saturated. It can get some fuzz to the tone and mid-forward depending on how you have it dialed in. It's pretty loose without a boost.