NAMM 2024 - see anything cool?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Guitar has really take a backseat for me the past year or so, but I'm really interested in the LTD EC-01FT. I saw a video with the ESP and Seymour Duncan guys and one of them described the "Custom 14" pickup they put in that model...they described it like a blend of the Custom and Black Winter. Hands down, two of my favorite pickups, along with the Distortion. All that to say I want one...badly.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Hahahah I had a similar experience with seeing all the brands no ones ever heard of and how big of displays they have.

I think it was the Saturday I was there when I went to the actual first floor, where you NEVER see coverage from because it was all pianos and band instruments previous to 2020. That’s where you come across the weird shit that’ll never catch on but someone dumped a shitload of money into making it a reality.

When I met Bill from Mastodon he was looking at this giant booth filled with cheap knock-off guitars that also made a bunch of kid’s/toy guitars. Huge booth that had me wondering “Who would even buy this shit and who paid for this to be set up here?!”

Hahahah I joked with Bill, “You looking for an endorsement?” and he took me seriously, said “No, I’m actually with Gibson already”, I had to tell him, “Yeah, that was a joke. I know who you are, I’m a fan, not a vendor” :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm curious about Seymour Duncan. Apparently they finally showed off some new Blackouts (the Corey Beauliu sigs?) but I cant find any details about them

jco5055

Reaction score
R-Go also looks promising, with them making necks that are supposed to be perfect for each hand based on taking measurements etc of each buyer's hand

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I'm so upset with the brands that skipped the NAMM
Especially because the show is basically in house
So many little companies spent lots of money to be in what is the biggest days of the year for musicians, but the big brands, presumptuosly ditched the date...eventually for a live stream
It's a big disservice to customers, as they want to know the opinion of friends or people they follow and trust, they eventually want to see what is not shown in a live stream

Big bummer

Thanks a lot @Hollowway for taking the time to take the pics and post them here, together with your opinions

You see, people here knows Hollow from ages, we know what he likes, what he doesn't like, what he looks for, so we trust his opinion on stuff, opinion that is in little details, like the dimension of the maple caps on that guitar brand I'm not remembering now

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool! Not sure why, but it always catches me by surprise how many of you actually go to NAMM :lol:
Always wanted to go. Maybe in the coming year I'll try to make some industry friends so I can get tickets for 2025. :lol: Looks like good fun when you aren't a vendor!

I've had a couple of chances to go, (i.e. people offering me tickets) but I just did not have the money to make the trip at the time. Only thing I ever got from NAMM is an Alexi Laiho autograph like 10 years ago that a friend who attended got for me.

Thanks to everyone who went for keeping us updated! :) My main source to see what was going on this year was actually Dean Gordon on his Instagram. The poor guy looked destroyed by the end of it. :lol:

manu80

Reaction score
Sounds good indeed.
Just sad that ESP didn(t drop the Thomson sig as a surprise at the last minute...

wiretap

Reaction score
Sounds good indeed.
Just sad that ESP didn(t drop the Thomson sig as a surprise at the last minute...

It’s a big get for them, I’m sure they would rather hold off and get it right rather than rush it. I could even see them making a big deal about it and it being a random release in the year for more attention.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'd bet if you put any Friedman amp next to it's most direct inspiration the Friedman will sound better. The BE-100 is my favorite amp of all time by a fair bit, and I don't even play any styles that suit it.

Of course if you take a lot of high volume production items and put them next to practically handbuilt clones the clones will typically be better, or at least more consistently as good.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It’s a big get for them, I’m sure they would rather hold off and get it right rather than rush it. I could even see them making a big deal about it and it being a random release in the year for more attention.
Yeah I was gonna say ESP would be doing some MASSIVE teasers for that lol. It definitely woudn't be a stealth drop. They made it a pretty big deal when they signed him to the roster, so they're gonna shout that shit from the rooftops.

As far as I can tell Mick doesn't even have any customs yet. Still rocking off-the-shelf ESPs.

kriff

You've failed me for the last time, Admiral
Reaction score
I'm so upset with the brands that skipped the NAMM
Especially because the show is basically in house
So many little companies spent lots of money to be in what is the biggest days of the year for musicians, but the big brands, presumptuosly ditched the date...eventually for a live stream
It's a big disservice to customers, as they want to know the opinion of friends or people they follow and trust, they eventually want to see what is not shown in a live stream

Big bummer

Which brands weren't there?

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did I see anything that I might actually buy?

The new little PreSonus 4.5 studio monitors look yummy.

But as far as guitars, nope.
I am in the market for some cheaper studio monitors. What made these stand out for you?

Marked Man

Reaction score
This was really a pretty quiet show for GAS for me... the Friedman Vintage and the SLO rack which I knew about already, the Peavey Vandenberg, and the Lerxst Limelight were really the only things that peaked my interest.

SLO Rack you say.......I've got an empty space in my rack. 🤩