Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CannibalCricket

Scabs, locks, strings--picking things
Reaction score
Wait, I'm "attacking your point of view" by saying it isn't especially Judeo-Christian to advocate blowing up Gaza with plastic explosives?
Who knows if they are using plastic explosives. It was a joke about emiril and you went straight for the God thing. Seems like you have more to prove in this arena than me so the stage is yours. Show me how much better you are. Really. But hey, if you need a label for me just stick zionist in there somewhere.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Who knows if they are using plastic explosives. It was a joke about emiril and you went straight for the God thing. Seems like you have more to prove in this arena than me so the stage is yours. Show me how much better you are. Really. But hey, if you need a label for me just stick zionist in there somewhere.
Your exact quote:
nah i figured a few pounds of plastique. Bam peace. Isnt that how Emeril Lagasse does it?
Regardless of what their explosive of choice is, and I'll remind you it was you and not me who mentioned plastic explosives, and you who went straight to religion, in your first post in this thread:
Go Israel!! Peace for the jews! Rooting for team abraham

You're absolutely entitled to your own views. However, what you're not entitled to is carte blanche ermission to say whatever you want, and have a safe space where absolutely no one is allowed to even imply they might disagree with you. Suggesting anyone who doesn't agree with you is "pearl clutching" is suggesting that no one else in this thread is allowed to have their own views.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
Your exact quote:

Regardless of what their explosive of choice is, and I'll remind you it was you and not me who mentioned plastic explosives, and you who went straight to religion, in your first post in this thread:

You're absolutely entitled to your own views. However, what you're not entitled to is carte blanche ermission to say whatever you want, and have a safe space where absolutely no one is allowed to even imply they might disagree with you. Suggesting anyone who doesn't agree with you is "pearl clutching" is suggesting that no one else in this thread is allowed to have their own views.
Tell me all of what I'm not entitled to. It was a joke home slice. Tripping about a joke is pearl clutching. That's all. Whats your favorite band?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Tell me all of what I'm not entitled to. It was a joke home slice. Tripping about a joke is pearl clutching. That's all. Whats your favorite band?
You're getting butt-hurt that I'm "attacking your point of view," but when I call you out on it, turns out that wasn't even really your point of view and you're "only joking?"

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
N
You're getting butt-hurt that I'm "attacking your point of view," but when I call you out on it, turns out that wasn't even really your point of view and you're "only joking?"
You made a comment about a joke. A joke. Someone said peace really? And then i said sure some plastic explosives and bam. Peace. Im not joking that i hope the jews completely crush the opposition. Hope there isn't a terrorist left. You keep shifting it to civilian casualties like i want those to happen. I just keep saying go jews and it isn't what you want to hear I guess. Abraham's sons will get it sorted. Ishmael and Isaac is what I was refuring to in my earlier post. Ishmael was born by Hagar because Abraham didn't trust God and just screw his wife and have Isaac. Instead Abraham knocked up Hagar first. Sarah finally gets preggers and Ishmael is kickin around already. Hagar acts like a cunt to Sarah after Isaac is born and Sarah responds by being a cold bitch and sending Hagar and her son off into the desert to die. It goes on...Point I was making was historical. Isaac is the legitimate hier to the promised land because his mommy is Sarah. Do you take issue with this?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
N

You made a comment about a joke. A joke. Someone said peace really? And then i said sure some plastic explosives and bam. Peace. Im not joking that i hope the jews completely crush the opposition. Hope there isn't a terrorist left. You keep shifting it to civilian casualties like i want those to happen. I just keep saying go jews and it isn't what you want to hear I guess. Abraham's sons will get it sorted. Ishmael and Isaac is what I was refuring to in my earlier post. Ishmael was born by Hagar because Abraham didn't trust God and just screw his wife and have Isaac. Instead Abraham knocked up Hagar first. Sarah finally gets preggers and Ishmael is kickin around already. Hagar acts like a cunt to Sarah after Isaac is born and Sarah responds by being a cold bitch and sending Hagar and her son off into the desert to die. It goes on...Point I was making was historical. Isaac is the legitimate hier to the promised land because his mommy is Sarah. Do you take issue with this?
Oh WEIRD, the troll doesn't like it when someone points out he's trolling. :lol:

There's plenty of room to have a nuanced discussion here. You're not having a nuanced discussion, though, when your contributions are "go team Abraham!" and then trying to come across as self-righteous and wronged when someone calls you out on it.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
Oh WEIRD, the troll doesn't like it when someone points out he's trolling. :lol:

There's plenty of room to have a nuanced discussion here. You're not having a nuanced discussion, though, when your contributions are "go team Abraham!" and then trying to come across as self-righteous and wronged when someone calls you out on it.
Hey man it's okay. Have a good one. And we did just have a nuanced discussion. You like to side step and poke fun it's cool I do the same sometimes.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"
However, leaders of two of the largest US Jewish groups that have been critical of Israel’s actions in its war with Hamas said Biden had missed the mark in his description of college protests.

Stefanie Fox, executive director of Jewish Voice for Peace, said Biden’s characterization of campus protests was “entirely inaccurate” and “a really intentional misrepresentation.” She said that “peaceful multiracial, multifaith student protesters are simply calling out the very clear complicity of their universities in the Israeli attack on Palestinians.”

Eva Borgwardt, a national spokesperson for IfNotNow, said Biden’s speech “was a misclassification of what’s happening on college campuses.”

“To respond to a few isolated incidents in what has been overwhelmingly nonviolent student protest with the use of police and state force that targets particularly Palestinian, black and brown students, Jewish students among them, is a completely irresponsible and dangerous approach to protest and does not at all advance any kind of Jewish safety,” Borgwardt said."

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
"
However, leaders of two of the largest US Jewish groups that have been critical of Israel’s actions in its war with Hamas said Biden had missed the mark in his description of college protests.

Stefanie Fox, executive director of Jewish Voice for Peace, said Biden’s characterization of campus protests was “entirely inaccurate” and “a really intentional misrepresentation.” She said that “peaceful multiracial, multifaith student protesters are simply calling out the very clear complicity of their universities in the Israeli attack on Palestinians.”

Eva Borgwardt, a national spokesperson for IfNotNow, said Biden’s speech “was a misclassification of what’s happening on college campuses.”

“To respond to a few isolated incidents in what has been overwhelmingly nonviolent student protest with the use of police and state force that targets particularly Palestinian, black and brown students, Jewish students among them, is a completely irresponsible and dangerous approach to protest and does not at all advance any kind of Jewish safety,” Borgwardt said."

FWIW, these aren't leaders of two of the largest US Jewish groups. They're leaders of the two largest anti-zionist US Jewish groups. So no surprises there.

narad

Reaction score
Seems like you're going to need some census data for these to be contradictory statements.

Well feel free to dig some up and discredit it. The largest groups of X are typically not the ones pushing a minority opinion of the X population, for obvious reasons.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Well feel free to dig some up and discredit it. The largest groups of X are typically not the ones pushing a minority opinion of the X population, for obvious reasons.
But that's not how numbers work. If all antizionist Jews are in a group together, it'll be one of the largest Jewish groups.

You're saying they aren't two of the largest Jewish groups, but what's your reasoning behind that? Just because they're antizionist? Where is the cutoff for "one of the largest"?

The point being, what is the point of your comment other than to discredit antizionist Jewish people?

narad

Reaction score
But that's not how numbers work. If all antizionist Jews are in a group together, it'll be one of the largest Jewish groups.

You're saying they aren't two of the largest Jewish groups, but what's your reasoning behind that? Just because they're antizionist? Where is the cutoff for "one of the largest"?

The point being, what is the point of your comment other than to discredit antizionist Jewish people?

The point of the comment is that it can be read that there is a anti-zionist push by one of the largest US Jewish groups, and not, as probably is reality, an anti-zionist push by one of the largest anti-zionist US Jewish groups. One of these is a significantly more meaningful than the other, which has been repeating that message for decades. And if your job is to write articles, you're supposed to write clearly unless for dramatic intent (i.e., "Ike beats Tina to Death")

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The point of the comment is that it can be read that there is a anti-zionist push by one of the largest US Jewish groups, and not, as probably is reality, an anti-zionist push by one of the largest anti-zionist US Jewish groups. One of these is a significantly more meaningful than the other, which has been repeating that message for decades. And if your job is to write articles, you're supposed to write clearly unless for dramatic intent (i.e., "Ike beats Tina to Death")

leaders of two of the largest US Jewish groups that have been critical of Israel’s actions

Meh, I find that wording to be neither deceptive nor confusing or ambiguous unless you're trying to read it that way.

Its two groups that have been critical of Israel, and disagreed with Biden's remarks while not themselves being antisemitic or Holocaust denying. It was not to claim the majority of Jewish advocacy groups disagree with Biden or Israel.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm not sure why he saw fit to give that speech after the bruising the Israel offensive and then the campus crackdowns have laid on the Democrats.

Then he decided to deliver the speech while Netanyahu was crossing the original red line the US gave him on invading Rafah.

It's like Mike Johnson or the RNC booked the engagement for him.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone should die because of race or creed or religion. The world doesnt give two shits or a fuck what I believe. If one group of people is only interested in the conversion or killing of any opposing ideas or beliefs and the other group just wants to go to temple and eat kosher and not work on saturdays. It is a clean cut and clear choice. Now you know just where I stand. My beliefs or the lack there of is a conversation to be had not an assumption to rub my nose in

Do you believe there are any innocent civilians in Gaza, or do you believe they are all complicit in the actions of Hamas?

TimmyPage

Reaction score
If one group of people is only interested in the conversion or killing of any opposing ideas or beliefs and the other group just wants to go to temple and eat kosher and not work on saturdays. It is a clean cut and clear choice.
The problem is that both of these things you've described are Israel.

Latest posts