NDG: Rusti Paradox #1

• Thread starter Gango79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gango79

Reaction score
Ok guys...i have it on my hands since last week so i'm able to do an accurate review!
Here the specs:

- Scale 25.5
- 5a Flamed koa top
- Black limba body
- 5 pieces pau ferro/ebony neck
- Ebony fretboard
- Rusti 3x3 split headstock "reverse"
- Quilted maple binding (headstock/ fretboard)
- Luminlay side dots
- Stainless jumbo frets
- Sperzel locking tuners
- Hipshot bridge
- 3 way switch, volume, 2 way switch for split coil
- Bkp vh2 and nailbomb with Rusti custom koa/ebony coils covers
- Satin finish

At a first sight the first thing that struck my eyes is the incredible figured top...extremely curly and shiny koa top worthy of the title of "private stock"..i found it on Internet 2 years ago but i couldn't imagine that the result would be such amazing...thanks to the finish coat that seems oil but it is actually a very resistant odorless satin finish. You can sweat on it without leaving marks.
Another point to emphasize is the split headstock and the accurate work on the maple binding! Currently Rusti is offering also an in line headstock ( you can check on his fb page).
I would like to point the attention on the neck joint: often we usually see bolt-on necks posing on squared neck heels ( for ex: kiesel aries)...in this case Rusti worked on it to make the access to upper frets more comfortable and easy.
The radiused top is the singularity of this superstrat model opposed to the already seen flat tops with arm bevel.
The neck shape i choose is very close to a B6.
No tonal chambers for this Paradox 1 (my choice) and i think it's a good choice...clear tone ,punchy attack and sustain! The guitar is extremely resonant!

The building time for this Guitar was about 8 months...(considering the design process)
I knew the work of Claudio thanks to this forum and suddenly i felt in love for his clear works...i contacted him two years ago in order to have a custom built but he was engaged in the construction of its first model "motion". After the completion of the motion he decided to introduce a superstrat style guitar "Paradox"..this was what i was looking for.
Claudio has been a great professional and a nice person to deal with! Showed great patience in my spec changes during the design process.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a custom built

2d79dtc.jpg

5e6b80.jpg

1610xow.jpg

seruwy.jpg

25pplcy.jpg

t9dzs7.jpg

4utown.jpg

24xjkv4.jpg

2il2cl.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
That headstock design is super cool. The split really complements it well.

Reaction score
Really understated design, the split headstock design has to be my favorite part. I wonder how far he could go with it as far as patterns and designs go.

Latest posts