Necks that fit Charvel SoCal

• Thread starter Athor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Athor

Reaction score
Hey!

So i have this 2008 Charvel SoCal MIJ. The neck is warped and beyond repair, the guitar itself is alright but its far from mint.

Considering modding it to some degree and i want to start with the neck. Question is, does anyone know where i could find a neck that fits the cavity with a pointy or even banana headstock?

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
I will tell you that charvel necks are ever so slightly wider at the heel. 2 1/4" instead of 2 3/16" Musikraft's custom heel size is the right size. they also do have bananas but not pointies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
If the neck is twisted but still "straight" (not going left or right), you can find a luthier to take the fretboard out, work the surface an put a new fretboard in, which will probably cost the same as a custom neck. But if your neck is a one piece maple neck, you are f*cked.
Maybe ask Charvel for a new neck...

devastone

Reaction score
Your best bet is probably to go straight to Charvel, Warmoth and most other parts companies make necks to fit the Fender width (2-3/16") neck pockets, not the Charvel (2-1/4"). Or, shop Reverb and/or ebay for a Charvel neck.