Necrophagist anyone?

• Thread starter Sean1197
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Awesome cover, man. Advanced.c.t. is one of my favorite Necrophagist solos and I have covered it several times in the past. I'm actually gonna spend some time on Ignominious and pale, just the riffs, not the solo, in a few weeks. :metal:

Sean1197

Reaction score
Awesome cover, man. Advanced.c.t. is one of my favorite Necrophagist solos and I have covered it several times in the past. I'm actually gonna spend some time on Ignominious and pale, just the riffs, not the solo, in a few weeks. :metal:

I'm actually about to start that song. It's probably my favorite tbh

gorthul

Reaction score
lol i wish i could actually write that stuff.

Absolutely. Muhammed is / was an absolute genius regarding composition. There are many excellent guitar players, but none of their stuff grabs my attention as much as any Necrophagist guitar solo.
Also the other day I was listening to some classical music. My mind was absolutely blown when I realized that the end of Only Ash Remains is a hommage to Prokofievs Dance Of The Knight.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Absolutely. Muhammed is / was an absolute genius regarding composition. There are many excellent guitar players, but none of their stuff grabs my attention as much as any Necrophagist guitar solo.
Also the other day I was listening to some classical music. My mind was absolutely blown when I realized that the end of Only Ash Remains is a hommage to Prokofievs Dance Of The Knight.

EDIT: just looked it up, apparently it was a fur elise reference on the song the stillborn one.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
OK that's super funny. I've always known it was a classical song, though I didn't know the composer, Perkofiev, until much later, but it would be totally freaky and hysterical to be listening to classical music and then suddenly... wait a minute... is that Necrophagist?

chopeth

Reaction score
First time I see someone first recognizing the necrophagist tribute than the original itself, not a classical music expert, but even if you aren't either, the tune is in dozens of commercials and the like

Sean1197

Reaction score
First time I see someone first recognizing the necrophagist tribute than the original itself, not a classical music expert, but even if you aren't either, the tune is in dozens of commercials and the like

his solos are really bach influenced tbh. Its crazy how similar most of it sounds.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I remember reading interviews with muhammed where he said he listened to a LOT of classical music when he was growing up, which would explain the references to prokofiev and beethoven on epitaph