Need help choosing a 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

epicpenguin

Reaction score
I have a 417 but ill try not to be biast,

I was in the exact same position as you a couple months back choosing between my 417 and an agile interceptor.

Unfortunately Agile are turning out not to be as good as everyone thought, they seam great at first but a lot of people have said that sacrifice playability in the higher end also the septors have licensed trem witch are worth staying away from.

Remember the baritone scale will not affect at all the tone of the guitar, only the intonation stability on the heavy strings, it may also create a bit more room on the smaller high frets but i wouldn't choose make a decision based on this.

i have had my 417 for over 4 months now and don't have a single bad thing to say about it! the septor is also a mid rage guitar when the 417 is higher end so you could say it is 'better,

but both guitars are great!

Chuck

Reaction score
I also have a LTD MH-417, and I while it plays very well and is a nice guitar, I don't like the stock EMG's nor I do like the TOM bridge, however those are both to taste.

rolandomusic

Reaction score
well the septor that im looking at has a string through body, trust me the last thing i want right now is a floating trem. and personally i do prefer the baritone scale. and also the septor has emg 707. so my main concern, how do the 707s compare to the 81-7. also which has a thinner neck. thank you

JustinG60

Reaction score
I can not comment on the neck but I can say I actually prefer the 81's over the 707's but it would check some videos comparing the 2 to see which you prefer. Your concerns seem to be all preference based

Chuck

Reaction score
Since the MH-417 comes with both an 81-7 and 707 I swapped them, and put the 707 in the bridge and 81-7 in the neck. I now hate it more than I did previously. Also the MH-417 neck is quite thin IMO.

rolandomusic

Reaction score
i did a search on the pickups and i gotta say im just not feeling the emgs. these will be my first set of actives. so i think i am gonna go with the agile and give the emgs a chance and when i have the money im probably just gonna switch them out for phase 2 blackouts