• E-1 Jake Pitts

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • V-1 Abbath Ravendark

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Alright guys I need some opiniones on this shit. I plan on getting another schecter after my SLS elite and I need help deciding what to get.

I mainly play S style guitars (except for my solo-ii) and I want something dope looking. Here are my two options:

Schecter E-1 FRS jake pitts and the Abbath V.

67184452_1096903653839574_2945919142068224000_o.jpg
66276003_1096903753839564_4452560555307171840_n.jpg

66745222_1096904050506201_8875416064528220160_o.jpg

E-1:

Pros: I like the color (trans black is my kryptonite), has 24 frets, beautiful MOP inlays, mahog body, active bridge pickup, floyd upgrades.

Cons: Don't know how I will like the body shape due to it being an explorer shape and it being a complete flat top with no bevels. Also has a sustainiac which may be something I like or don't. No ss frets.

V-1:
66311407_1096903077172965_970043729878450176_o.jpg

66781809_1096903303839609_5304147459369336832_n.jpg

66517877_1096903567172916_2714454360825266176_n.jpg

Pros: Looks fuckin br00tal. Cool ass MOP logo at the 12th. Has SS frets. Active pups. Although a way different shape it has some bevels for comfortability playing.

Cons: Body shape may also prove to be an issue for me. The E-1 seems that it would sit better compared to the V which means I will I have to adjust my playing sitting down or now stand up.

There are pro and cons to each, but I want to hear from you guys what you all think regardless of whether you own these models, but if you do chime in!

E-1:
Each one of them is great and honestly I wish I could try both of em out before I bought but no one carries these except for online and I gotta make a decision.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would it be an option to order both and send back the one you like less?

Doesn't really sound like you can go wrong. Flip a coin or just get the E-1 because I think it's prettier.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Would it be an option to order both and send back the one you like less?

Doesn't really sound like you can go wrong. Flip a coin or just get the E-1 because I think it's prettier.

only online retailers I can find that have it request a 10-15% restocking fee and for these guitars just to pay that is like a big fuckoff. Pluss what if I end up liking neither? There goes $300.

The E-1 is definitely a pretty and classier guitar, but the V is just screaming somethhing to me that is very dark and evil and br00talz

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
only online retailers I can find that have it request a 10-15% restocking fee and for these guitars just to pay that is like a big fuckoff. Pluss what if I end up liking neither? There goes $300.

The E-1 is definitely a pretty and classier guitar, but the V is just screaming somethhing to me that is very dark and evil and br00talz

I guess look at it as paying for the peace of mind knowing that you found either the right guitar or two guitars you don't need to worry about anymore.

I'm not sure where you're looking though, but Sweetwater has no restocking fee, neither does Sam Ash, as long as returned properly within the specified window.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I guess look at it as paying for the peace of mind knowing that you found either the right guitar or two guitars you don't need to worry about anymore.

I'm not sure where you're looking though, but Sweetwater has no restocking fee, neither does Sam Ash, as long as returned properly within the specified window.

Sam ash has the ravendark. I guess it might be worth getting that first then and going off of that.

If I don't like that then I can try out the E-1 and pay the restocking fee if I don't like that.

Pat

Reaction score
I normally prefer V shaped guitars, but out of these two I would personally go for the E-1 - nicer finish, sustainiac, plus I just think V guitars look better with a 6 inline headstock.

If you're looking for more "pointy" styled guitars, have you looked at Solar? They do an Explorer and V shape, great spec with SS frets, evertune, floyd, all that stuff.

Also the ESP LTD Arrow in blue looks awesome and seems to be similarly priced to these two.

OR if you wanna go really wacky, there's a Jeff Loomis signature Cygnus that looks nuts https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/schecte...LWmRJ53QKsEax7tOf8tcRAQ_bW1sMGVBoC8PcQAvD_BwE

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I normally prefer V shaped guitars, but out of these two I would personally go for the E-1 - nicer finish, sustainiac, plus I just think V guitars look better with a 6 inline headstock.

If you're looking for more "pointy" styled guitars, have you looked at Solar? They do an Explorer and V shape, great spec with SS frets, evertune, floyd, all that stuff.

Also the ESP LTD Arrow in blue looks awesome and seems to be similarly priced to these two.

OR if you wanna go really wacky, there's a Jeff Loomis signature Cygnus that looks nuts https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/schecte...LWmRJ53QKsEax7tOf8tcRAQ_bW1sMGVBoC8PcQAvD_BwE

The solar explorer looks off to me and the V shape I am on the fence about.

The arrow I really don't like the look of. And the JL sig is really not my thang

Pat

Reaction score
The solar explorer looks off to me and the V shape I am on the fence about.

The arrow I really don't like the look of. And the JL sig is really not my thang
Yeah I know what you mean about the explorer, it's as though the back end of it needs to be bigger or something.

Cool man, in which case I'd get the E-1.

Adieu

Reaction score
Their E's look classy.... their V's look like something a brodozer driver in a wifebeater with lots of "tribal" tattoos might own

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the E looks way nicer, and classier. The V looks like it's trying very hard to bee tr00 kvlt. The E seems to be more versatile.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Their E's look classy.... their V's look like something a brodozer driver in a wifebeater with lots of "tribal" tattoos might own

XD this made me laugh waaaayyy too hard.

Yeah, I think the E looks way nicer, and classier. The V looks like it's trying very hard to bee tr00 kvlt. The E seems to be more versatile.

I think after strong consideration the E-1 seems to be the winner. I still wish it had SS frets, but oh well I guess it is something I can live without

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
XD this made me laugh waaaayyy too hard.

I think after strong consideration the E-1 seems to be the winner. I still wish it had SS frets, but oh well I guess it is something I can live without

SS frets sounds like some Nazi fret invention lol. But yeah SS frets are indeed very nice... Hard to find a guitar that has everything you love.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score

SS frets aren’t the end all be all. I’m sure I’m not the only one, but I’m HEAVY on vibrato and bends and my oldest guitars (looking at 12-15 years of playing - oh god, I’m getting old!) still have near perfect frets. Just a little bit of wear around the 14th and 15th frets.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much would a refret with SS cost anyway?

Between $180 and $400 depending on the shop and the guitar. I've seen higher and lower, as there's no set amount, but the figure above is the most common I've run into. I'd say more jobs wind up costing pretty close to $200.

Stuff like binding and inlay raises the price as you have to be careful not to damage anything which means more bench time. Same with finished (typically maple) boards.

The work itself is usually not ridiculously expensive, it's usually the process of finding a suitable shop, waiting for the job to be finished, and other associated issues with time and such that detracts people. There is also a certain amount of risk involved, even with experienced shops.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
SS frets sounds like some Nazi fret invention lol. But yeah SS frets are indeed very nice... Hard to find a guitar that has everything you love.

Lol. Yeah it is hard to find. Honestly custom is the way to go, but for jackson they don't do a lot of what I would want to do on a custom guitar. Seems schecter custom shop would be more my thing.

Avenger-7%20Burl%20maple%20TopBevel%20Black%20Cherry%20M140601%20TILT%20WEB.png

Jackson dont do burl tops with that dope of a finish.

Between $180 and $400 depending on the shop and the guitar. I've seen higher and lower, as there's no set amount, but the figure above is the most common I've run into. I'd say more jobs wind up costing pretty close to $200.

Stuff like binding and inlay raises the price as you have to be careful not to damage anything which means more bench time. Same with finished (typically maple) boards.

The work itself is usually not ridiculously expensive, it's usually the process of finding a suitable shop, waiting for the job to be finished, and other associated issues with time and such that detracts people. There is also a certain amount of risk involved, even with experienced shops.

Yeah SS fret upgrades are expensive. Around me shit like that is $300+.

Plus tbh doing something like that to my guitar isn't going to make the guitar appreciate in value and will just be money thrown into fire pit if I ever decide to sell it. Now if I know the guitar is a keeper after like 5 years or so and I couldn't part with it then I would thhink about doing something like that