Need some recommendations for epic Choir VSTi

Antiphase

Reaction score
So I`m currently doing some power metal and I need some choir on the background, for choruses especially, but it should be still powerful, not muffled. I tried some free options I have with my plugins (free stuff), and they just sound wrong, like a bunch of amateurs at school concert, whereas I want something almost ethereal, like in some movie trailers. So I think I`m ready to spend a certain sum on something good. Just wanna know what others are using.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm no expert on the subject but I have not run into too many choir VSTi's in my time. If you want this type of content then Kontakt Libraries are the way to go imo. Same with Orchestral libraries, although you will find more virtual instruments for symphonic music.

binz

Reaction score
There is VSCO for orchestral or choir, there are different versions floating about on the interwebs. They sound decent out of the box and can be tweaked to sound great.

I can have a look at the exact version I have on my PC later

Antiphase

Reaction score
I think I tried VSCO before, don`t remember if I was impressed, maybe I`ll do it again.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Not sure what it goes for now, but 8Dio Requiem is the best i've ever used or heard. You've got the individual sections, Ah, Oh, etc but there's also a phrase builder that's wicked. It's all in latin, you can't add your own words on the phrase builder but it's badass for sure.