NeKo Guitars Hydra

• Thread starter engage757
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

otisct20

Reaction score
Won't be me either, if I even had that much money to spend it wouldn't me going towards another guitar right now.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
that hydra is made for a friend. it will touch down locally i hope next month. ill take closer pics. hopefully the guy it was made for will demo it since he does youtube demos of gear.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
I said I'd play one, not buy it. I'm tired of buying suspicious foreign guitars, opening the box and finding a map to a tree, a saw and instructions on how to build the guitar you just bought lol.

$700 could get me a lot of ramen.

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
430129_484786204889166_273494294_n.jpg

Forget about all this talk of nut,specs, bookmatching and agreeing with everything Maxofmetal cares to type on his keyboard.
The important thing is this....THAT IS A CAT/FOX ON THE HEADSTOCK! I'll take 5 to go please.

Metaloaf

Reaction score
On their dealer thread they did specifically say that they make their guitars in China; apparently a two-person operation, one in the states and the other in China overseeing the production. Personally I like to watch for progress from a distance and see how things go, is likely that their first couple of guitars are not up to par right now so let's see what else they do before placing them on the blacklist.

RMG

Reaction score
Found it! and i'll try to answer every questions here

Iam Ray and I'm from the Philippines, Kit, the Founder of Neko is an American, he is in Missouri, we are partners and we have a workshop in China. Neko guitars are made there under my watch. My native language isn't english so sometimes I sounded like engrish, apologies my friends.

Neko Guitars is a small company. Website in progress will launch soon.

Hydra Specs are : Spalted maple top, Elm wood back. Neck tru Construction Ebony+maple combo. Ebony Fingerboard. Graphtec tusq. Locking tuners, bridge pickups are made in Korea (Same plant as Wilkinson/Jinho). 24 frets, 25.5 " scale, a bit chunky C neck. Oil finish. Construction is Solid and Rigid and if ever one of you guys get lost in our side of the world, I'll be glad to let you try them. Im in Shanghai btw.

We are refinishing Hydra, one model has been stripped and now in Aquamarine (see FB), will also install better frets and have already recessed the backplate, also changed to rosewood. We felt that 700$ is a good startup price since we are...........just starting. It will be a different story once we get better parts though. we have sold 6 out of 7, not much but learned a lot. Fidel already got his guitar, he made a thread and a demo you can send him a PM.

I agree, the bridge pickup need to step back a bit and will be corrected in our next build. But ask Fidel he liked it for his lead work.:hbang:

Neko is a Japanese Cat, Kit/Kitty is a Cat but his real name is Bryan:nuts:

any more questions just shoot me a PM. :wavey:

RMG

Reaction score
something from the workshop

556726_507646255936494_315818897_n.jpg

12590_506629519371501_612472599_n.jpg

rooms a little dark here
68471_506591452708641_1438751449_n.jpg

09kitty23

Reaction score
526922_508038985897221_1942361231_n.jpg

Oh wow, i have been busy with the guitars and design never thought that i would find a thread about our guitars even.. well, good comments and bad ones are always appreciated!! Gives us more input and more room to grow. Engage.. thanks for making this thread and keeping it alive, and enough with that sea otter, :lol: thats funny, i even asked myself "does it really look like it?". Anyways, my name is Bryan and I have been designing guitars for the hope of providing instruments at an affordable price. It has been busy with the builds and trying to get ready for the next year.. and too bad that in China they will have this 1 month work off which is still okay since we will not be able to work with the guitars in a very bad weather even with ovens, we will not risk it. About our shop, we are very small and honestly financially challenge since we are trying to keep the objective of providing guitars at an affordable price.. however like what other luthiers whom i talked in this business nobody becomes rich unless you have people investing. Well.. I really do not care too much about money, i just want to see people use my guitars and once the guitars becomes known to the public maybe i can help them be introduce to other places which others only care about mainstream.

It has been hectic meetings with manufacturers and discussing about hardwares that i will need for a more extended range and so far Graphtech only has the answer right now.

Sorry if i have not even introduced myself, honestly i just found out that Engage post something for us and made an introduction. Thanks man.
320591_506593342708452_1204404371_n.jpg

09kitty23

Reaction score
attachment.php
481646_508050865896033_942907926_n.jpg

Here is the one we were doing yesterday.. it's for a friend in Sweden.. did the first coat and it should be fairly dry by now being in a heater