Neko Guitarworks - NK build #3

• Thread starter RMG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
These look fantastic and are very tempting for my wallet :lol:

Is there any specific pickup that you based your design off of? What is the voicing like?

RMG

Reaction score
These look fantastic and are very tempting for my wallet :lol:

Is there any specific pickup that you based your design off of? What is the voicing like?

thanks. the pickups have some painkiller vibe in them, we are working on a demo as we speak. i'll post them here soon. meanwhile got some more pics

Claymore - Woodtone

woodtone17_zps6ccc6bee.jpg

woodtone79_zps8cd32f2b.jpg

woodtone25_zps0c04b532.jpg

woodtone5_zpsedf171ec.jpg

woodtone90_zpsd7090923.jpg

RMG

Reaction score
a little update. 2 guitars have arrived/sold in Sweden, 1 in Shanghai too. :)

RMG

Reaction score
hey guys, here's a quick demo by Paul Brookbanks of StoneBones

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
I recognized the "Neko" brand name from a few unfinished builds that have recently sold on eBay. Those auctions were the extent of my experience with your guitars before browsing through this thread.

The finished guitars have a nice aesthetic - look forward to seeing more complete instruments!

09kitty23

Reaction score
I recognized the "Neko" brand name from a few unfinished builds that have recently sold on eBay. Those auctions were the extent of my experience with your guitars before browsing through this thread.

The finished guitars have a nice aesthetic - look forward to seeing more complete instruments!
Thank you so much, I have been doing my best perfecting the design that I wanted for many years while a group of hardworking wood workers help me on the side. Our brand is primarily focused on giving a kickstart for people who wants to build their own guitars without paying the custom shop price. We honestly do not have the time to build complete guitars since we are short with people and definitely would not want to sacrifice quality, we can however build them but that will just add up to yet another extra cost to people who just need to assemble them, setup and go. I think we want to take a different path compared to other brands. It really is very rewarding to finish something on your own and plus you get to learn more like building techniques, cost-awareness and be confident along the way.. That! i want to share.

09kitty23

Reaction score
nice guitars!
What about prices?

We have no price set for the production models since we just finalized the sample, The price depends the work that will be added just to complete a finished body and a neck. The only thing I can be sure is that 100% the price must not go way above $1000 because that will not help the community at all.

boroducci

Banned
Reaction score
We have no price set for the production models since we just finalized the sample, The price depends the work that will be added just to complete a finished body and a neck. The only thing I can be sure is that 100% the price must not go way above $1000 because that will not help the community at all.

Ok, If I want to order 6str guitar, what I need to do?
I'm in Russia.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something...the above picture just seems, to me, an unfinished build. Whomever purchases that "kit" will, in simple terms, have to pick up where another builder left off just to have a playable instrument. Not to mention the big question mark that is whether or not the end user will be able to finish the build to their standards.

I understand the "kit" market and it certainly is a niche; however, I do not see that same market purchasing guitars that still require a reasonable amount of work.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^ I agree with that sentiment. I really like this finalized hydra shape, and I almost bought the Suhr copy that was on ebay, but my big concern would be drilling holes for the neck and bridge without a drill press.

I like the idea of kits so that you can do your own finish, and for those with the gear and skills, can modify. But I think it currently misses the segment of the market that would love to do a bit of DIY but doesn't have access to power tools. Something like Warmoth with modern shapes and specs would be welcomed here, I would think.

09kitty23

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something...the above picture just seems, to me, an unfinished build. Whomever purchases that "kit" will, in simple terms, have to pick up where another builder left off just to have a playable instrument. Not to mention the big question mark that is whether or not the end user will be able to finish the build to their standards.

I understand the "kit" market and it certainly is a niche; however, I do not see that same market purchasing guitars that still require a reasonable amount of work.

The above picture is still not finished as for the "kit" that we build, I will actually finish this H7 and it will be mine. The final products will have finished paint, fretwork leveled and all routes will be given except the bridge since i do not know what people will be using. As far as not being able to build the guitars without power tools, I do understand that problem but there are shops that can offer that kind of service, I do offer that as well as long as they provide their own hardwares.

09kitty23

Reaction score
^ I agree with that sentiment. I really like this finalized hydra shape, and I almost bought the Suhr copy that was on ebay, but my big concern would be drilling holes for the neck and bridge without a drill press.

I like the idea of kits so that you can do your own finish, and for those with the gear and skills, can modify. But I think it currently misses the segment of the market that would love to do a bit of DIY but doesn't have access to power tools. Something like Warmoth with modern shapes and specs would be welcomed here, I would think.
Again, you guys have a good point, as for market strategy, I want to fill in the hole where most custom shops and smaller builders do not offer, that is the more personalized guitars on a fraction of a cost. We will do our best with things that we offer enough to prepare it for people who wants to assemble them with whatever they wanted. The measurements and specs are carefully measured and should accept most standard and high end guitar parts.. but like what i said as for bridge. I will give them the freedom to choose what they want that is why I don't want to route it without knowing. I do have hipshot string-thru routes programmed in CNC but the fact that i dont know what they want holds me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.