Neural DSP Fortin NTS Flash-Sale

• Thread starter Vyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't find the NTS thread to bump (first time the search function has failed me in a while!) however NDSP are doing a flash sale at the moment for NTS, 50% off. Code is NTS50. Figured there would be a few people on this board interested.

On a side note, this is the consecutive 3rd flash-sale that they have done which is interesting as after the release of the Cali plugin (which had a promotional discount) where they announced that they wouldn't be doing another sale until Black-Friday. Methinks someone in marketing needs to think this through a bit more...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crundles

Reaction score
Hope they don't run a flash sale on the Abasi, because that'll really threaten my stance against the iLok.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Hope they don't run a flash sale on the Abasi, because that'll really threaten my stance against the iLok.

I'm new to plugins and was thinking about setting up an iLok account. Is there something to look out for? Thanks!

Crundles

Reaction score
I'm new to plugins and was thinking about setting up an iLok account. Is there something to look out for? Thanks!

Not to my knowledge, no - as far as I'm aware, it's perfectly mediocre in what it sets out to do; I'm just against arbitrary external license management in general.

How's about that NTS suite sale huh

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I bought the omega and paralax on sale but will skip this one (I own the nameless as well). I really hope the cali pops up but I reckon it'll be darkglass next and the newest amp and artist packs might not get the same treatment.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge, no - as far as I'm aware, it's perfectly mediocre in what it sets out to do; I'm just against arbitrary external license management in general.

How's about that NTS suite sale huh

Thanks for the answer. I had it in my cart but even at the great price, I think I'm going to pass as I don't need the cleans as I'll eventually get Plini and I'm liking the clips of Nameless a little more for the heavier stuff.
Screamin' deal though, hope I don't regret passing.

Elric

Reaction score
Missed the Omega but did pick this one up! :) Hoping they do a couple of the bigger suites. I will totally pull the trigger if they do Plini, Nolly, etc.

petervindel

Reaction score
Hi guys,
haven't been here in years, but as I just bought the NTS on sale I wanted to touch base. I think it sounds OK, but I'm having a hard time getting the gate dialled in.
I use a 30,2" eight string with a Lundberg M8M in the bridge, and it makes a lot of noise. I haven't spent more than a few hours playing around, but if anyone has any settings that sound killer, LET ME KNOW!

Valdra

Reaction score
Hi guys,
haven't been here in years, but as I just bought the NTS on sale I wanted to touch base. I think it sounds OK, but I'm having a hard time getting the gate dialled in.
I use a 30,2" eight string with a Lundberg M8M in the bridge, and it makes a lot of noise. I haven't spent more than a few hours playing around, but if anyone has any settings that sound killer, LET ME KNOW!
What kind of interface are you using and do you have a lot of electronics within an arms reach?

I have an Ibanez M80M going into a Presonus Firestudio Project, I tend to get some noise if I'm playing while looking at my monitor but if I swing 180 degrees with the pickups facing away from my electronics the noise damn near goes away, gate or not.

I usually keep my gate on 40-45 for all my guitars (fishman fluence merrow, dimarzio Titans, Duncan Black Winters, lace alumitones, GFS lipstick single coils to name a few pickups I use.) All of my humbuckers have about the same level of noise.

t1337Dude

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Missed the Omega but did pick this one up! :) Hoping they do a couple of the bigger suites. I will totally pull the trigger if they do Plini, Nolly, etc.
I think you might get your wish. Seems like many of the suites are getting a flash sale. Currently there's a flash sale for the Archtype Abasi. I bough the NTS and now I'm holding out for the Plini flash sale.

I just discovered these plugins from reading this forum and they have been getting me excited to play guitar again. I never had the budget for a nice amp+cabinet setup but I do own some Philharmonic BMR's which are phenomenal Hi-Fi speakers. I used to use Guitar Rig 4 back in the day and I wasn't super happy with it. I've also used Helix Native and I was unable to find a preset or dial in a tone that sounded organic to my ears (but was better than Guitar Rig). I'm not sure what the magic is here...perhaps it's due to the impulse responses they use? Or is from the intensive processing (heavier usage relative to other VST's)? I also appreciate the UI's setup and look.

I've tried the trials for the NTS, Nameless, Cali, and Plini. I really dig the sound of the Cali and the Plini most but I pulled the trigger on the NTS just because I wasn't sure when the next sale was.

DC23

Reaction score
I think you might get your wish. Seems like many of the suites are getting a flash sale. Currently there's a flash sale for the Archtype Abasi. I bough the NTS and now I'm holding out for the Plini flash sale.

Any chance you're able to share the coupon code here? I keep on signing up for their newsletter but have never gotten anything. lol. Totally understand if not. Not sure how everyone is getting info about these! Anyways, I've tried the Plini which is pretty great but am thinking maybe the Nolly may be the most versatile.

Crundles

Reaction score
Welp I went to try the Abasi trial before buying the promo; the iLok installation crashed, then I couldn't complete the install, then I couldn't uninstall it as it kept throwing up installshield errors, so I had to use a registry cleaner.

Yeah nah I think I'm good as-is.

Valdra

Reaction score
Any chance you're able to share the coupon code here? I keep on signing up for their newsletter but have never gotten anything. lol. Totally understand if not. Not sure how everyone is getting info about these! Anyways, I've tried the Plini which is pretty great but am thinking maybe the Nolly may be the most versatile.

ABASI50