New 2 Channel Rectifier? - Badlander

• Thread starter protest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
I believe there was a blurry old pic of this amp sometime ago as the rumored Hetfield Sig amp that never materialized. Now we get to see what it really was...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
index.php
125106723_366588737756373_603632226174889270_n.png

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
ooooh I am very curious. First new Recto in 10 years.... must be totally re-voiced because it says clean/crunch/crush?

official announcement tomorrow apparently

Interesting post from TGP
comes loaded with el34, no tube rectifiers, serial loop only, simple 1 button foot switch, channels are identical and cloned, super wide eq range, tight like a mk4, built i cab clones with option i load your own IR. 100 watt goes down to 25 watts, sounds awesome.

the fuuuuuck. color me interested. smaller head shell like the TCs

protest

Reaction score
ooooh I am very curious. First new Recto in 10 years.... must be totally re-voiced because it says clean/crunch/crush?

Shit. Well, I'm going to be $2,000 poorer soon.

narad

Reaction score

No tube rectifiers definitely makes me think it's heading in the right direction! I was a bit turned off when it looked small to me and I guessed it'd be too small for 100W, but this is looking really interesting.

Still, wish they would reissue chrome chassis black-faceplate rectos. That was one of their best looking amps.

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not to sound too picky, but anyone else put off by the size of the Mesa logo? Haha, hopefully it’s a good amp I liked the TC100, got a lot of flack for being boring but it had a lot of usable gain and the cleans were great

narad

Reaction score
Not to sound too picky, but anyone else put off by the size of the Mesa logo? Haha, hopefully it’s a good amp I liked the TC100, got a lot of flack for being boring but it had a lot of usable gain and the cleans were great

Probably the same size as the TC, but just with a lot of "pop" from that contrasting grill bit. I bet if you order the grill in all-black it gets a lot more subtle. But I thought that particular aesthetic was a bit of a weird choice. Then again, I'm hearing the name "badlander" and thinking this is supposed to be badass, geared towards heavier tight tones, and maybe it's not at all.

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably the same size as the TC, but just with a lot of "pop" from that contrasting grill bit. I bet if you order the grill in all-black it gets a lot more subtle. But I thought that particular aesthetic was a bit of a weird choice. Then again, I'm hearing the name "badlander" and thinking this is supposed to be badass, geared towards heavier tight tones, and maybe it's not at all.

a tighter less fizzy dual rectifier? Sign me up, I might have to snag one and compare it to my Hermansson modded rectifier when I receive it (getting its mods this week, so hopefully have it back before Xmas)

Werecow

Reaction score
Well, there it is:

I just thought "wtf, the dude in the Mesa video's hair is suddenly long" then realised it was an Ola video :lol:. They look quite alike.

I've never been a Mesa person, but from that video this is the closest i've been to wanting one.

Last edited:

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
it sounds to me like the Rev C videos, which IMO are the best sounding rectifier clips. Not a fan of the Ola clip with actives, sounds muddy. But the passives sounded great

Last edited:

0rimus

Reaction score
I know this literally just announced, but if anybody gets wind of the head dimensions post em here please.

If its not too wide to fit on top of my Mojo Imperial slant 212 (24")...

Might have to try and find some way to get one.

Also props for getting a few of the stock IR's to not sound like complete garbage. Could actually see myself recording with some of em.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL the "Crunch" mode ... standards for Crunch have apparently changed, a lot

Sounds like they finally nailed the Boosted Recto sound without boosts. Like the rhythm tone... really did not like that lead tone

I know this literally just announced, but if anybody gets wind of the head dimensions post em here please.

If its not too wide to fit on top of my Mojo Imperial slant 212 (24")...

Might have to try and find some way to get one.

Also props for getting a few of the stock IR's to not sound like complete garbage. Could actually see myself recording with some of em.

9 5/8" H x 22 3/4" W x 10 3/8" D