New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
Already showed in magazine pic, but now we have a stock image, the RGD2127Z:
800px-RGD2127Z_ISH.jpg

The neck does look kinda long, so maybe the longer scale length rumors were true? No official specs yet...

The RGA7:
800px-RGA7_BK.jpg

Also no official specs but it's an RGA, so a mahogany body could be a possibility. Bridge looks like the Gibraltar Standard. As for the pickups: Look like EMGs, but they aren't labelled and it isn't a prestige, so they could also be new Ibanez made active 'LoZ' pickups.

As for the S series: All S series get 24 frets in 2010! Also the S7320 which will be renamed to S7420 (and Ibanez will probably piss some people off with re-using that name):
S7420_BK_2010.jpg

As for the RG1527, I'm afraid it will be dropped in favor of an Edge Zero equipped RG1527Z (it looks like all RG1000 series get EZ trems after all in 2010). I do not have a decent image of that one yet, but it looks like a black RG1527 with an Edge Zero :D

And no, I don't have any news yet about non-black 7-string Ibanez guitars...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
i have been very impressed so far with the 2010 ibby's. i like the new RGD series the most, very john petrucci style

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
damnit.. GAS! for all of those!

as for the RGA, it does state on that wiki page that it will be mahogany but let's take that with a grain of salt.

Not that I care, I love basswood too

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That first one looks badass. Hard to get too excited since I can't deal with rosewood anymore, but I definitely will be looking for it at NAMM.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
...so no prestige RGA7? :(

the scale on the RGD model also looks like 27" to me. the model number 2127 would also make sense in that context

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
The good part is that the design itself looks quite practical and well thought. The bad part is that I only see 3 black guitars. Again, Ibanez? Yes, it is conceivable that 7-string players actually enjoy color, thank you.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
The good part is that the design itself looks quite practical and well thought. The bad part is that I only see 3 black guitars. Again, Ibanez? Yes, it is conceivable that 7-string players actually enjoy color, thank you.

well, if they only relesae this models in one color then black is the most obvious choice. it's not my personal favorite finish, but i can live with it. i think that an exclusive red, blue or green model would turn more people off than black (not me, though :lol:)

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
as for the RGA, it does state on that wiki page that it will be mahogany but let's take that with a grain of salt.
Well, I created that page myself ;) The mahogany thing is an educated guess considering it's an RGA and all RGAs are mahogany IIRC. If it's basswood, they could as well call it the RG7321 and make it flat, except for the fact that that one already exists. Otherwise it is stated on the page itself information could be false or incomplete :D

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I created that page myself ;) The mahogany thing is an educated guess considering it's an RGA and all RGAs are mahogany IIRC. If it's basswood, they could as well call it the RG7321 and make it flat, except for the fact that that one already exists. Otherwise it is stated on the page itself information could be false or incomplete :D

ah! :) well then thanks for doing all the work in creating that wiki!

Indee RS

Reaction score
DAMN! GAS! Definately want the RGD and RGA but im happy with my real S7420, but its about time they did it! I dont mind black so im pretty pleased. I can imagine some people refinishing them for extra awsomeness, but Im a fan of black with white binding!

Anyone know what kind of necks are on these bad boys? Wizard 1 or 2? Fret access on the RGD looks pretty descent too! Cant wait to try these out!!!!

Xiphos68

Reaction score
RGA I'm disappointed with. I figured it would have a quilt, floyd, and look like Brodericks but oh well. :(
But the RGD is sick! S series like those a lot too.

adaman

Reaction score
I will be buying an RGD for sure, and if they end up releasing a RGA Prestige I will be forced to buy it as well! Now I just wanna know if the RGD is really has a 27" scale, I really hope it does.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
WHAT!

RGA7 finally :scream: I might end up getting one now.. The routings are perfect too, I need a 7 with blackouts after all :D

Now lets just hope it's in the same pricerange as the other non-prestige RGAs (400~700) I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's 50~100 more than the rga42fm, as it's basically the same thing but with an extra string and no flamed top (it even has the same switch/knob setup, with the EQ switch)

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
DAMN! GAS! Definately want the RGD and RGA but im happy with my real S7420, but its about time they did it! I dont mind black so im pretty pleased. I can imagine some people refinishing them for extra awsomeness, but Im a fan of black with white binding!

Anyone know what kind of necks are on these bad boys? Wizard 1 or 2? Fret access on the RGD looks pretty descent too! Cant wait to these out!!!!

No official specs yet, but the RGA7 and S7420 will probably get Wizard II necks considering they're non-Prestige. The RGD (which is Prestige) is completely new, but it would surprise me if it doesn't have a Wizard/Ultra neck.

Still waiting for more clues about other Prestige sevens, there certainly will be more than this.