New BIG|BRAVE (massive, slow, heavy FFO: Low, SUNN, The Body, folk music...)

• Thread starter wheresthefbomb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I made another thread for this band but the godforsaken search function won't let me search for their name so here's another one. I saw this band open for SUNN in 2015 and they absolutely stole the show, I've been a huge fan ever since. They released A Chaos of Flowers last month and it's nothing short of massive. @BlackMastodon @MFB @crushingpetal and whoever else....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
Probably the best way to describe them, honestly.

Will absolutely be checking out the full album tomorrow while doing some house projects.
I honestly haven't heard anything that sounded this organic in a long time. The separation on all the sounds is really defined and it feels like they're all playing in a room together. It's worth listening just for the recording alone. I am going to sit with it but her delivery might be too much for me. Either way it's interesting.

neurosis

Reaction score
I need to listen to this on something other than my phone, y'all are getting me hyped on it!
I've had this on two different sets of noice cancelling headphones and it's totally immersive. Come to think I wonder if this has some binaural easter eggs in there that are giving me a vibe I wouldn't get from playing this on a stereo (car, room... etc).

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had this on two different sets of noice cancelling headphones and it's totally immersive. Come to think I wonder if this has some binaural easter eggs in there that are giving me a vibe I wouldn't get from playing this on a stereo (car, room... etc).
I only listened to the first two new album tracks in my car. I'm digging it and will have to try it with some cans!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I only listened to the first two new album tracks in my car. I'm digging it and will have to try it with some cans!
Highly recommend, I also listened with a good pair of noise canceling ear buds with decent eq. The album as a whole feels super meditative and was a great way to break up my usual playlists and work calls.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I think if y'all like the more traditionally structured songs of BIG|BRAVE then you might be into this:

My partner came across this song a few years back and it had a similar vibe with the haunting way she sings that I dig. Reminded me a bit of the song that got me into B|B:

Werecow

Reaction score
I was a weird little kid that was really into folk music up till about 11 years old, when i transitioned into rock and metal. I've always liked metal with some sort of haunting feeling about it, either in the vocals or the guitars, and also doomy sounding music. This scratches almost every musical itch i have all in one go. I love her voice and the way she sings so much.