New Cannibal Corpse album coming (Plus Erik Rutan now an official member)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
10 seconds or less which are the best corpsegrinder CC albums

Reaction score
Yeah the therapy/counseling is what I was thinking when I said personal issues. Given the stuff that happened that night, there's no way the dude was giving the mental clear afterwards.

It seems like he has schizophrenia. Perhaps it had been going untreated and that incident was when it came to a head.

It's gonna take meds and therapy and him adjusting to said meds or figuring out what meds work best. It's a process. So being in a full time professional band probably isn't something he can do right now. I hope he gets it under control and gets back to music.

I love that Erik is in the band and all but, I want Pat back.

mastapimp

Reaction score
He was released a few days after he was initially arrested, in 2018. I've seen pictures of him out in public in the last year or so too. I'm not sure what his current legal status is, but he most definitely hasn't been locked up this whole time.
Yeah, it doesn't look like he ever got sent to prison. No record of him on the department of corrections inmate search (covers released felons as well). His Hillsborough county court records are a quick search away. He's had a lot of court dates since his incident in 2018. Last hearing is listed as confidential from June...back in March the header was "ORDER GRANTING MOTION TO TRANSFER FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION"

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see much of Pat moving forward.

They were able to raise $15k or $20k for him through crowd funding/donations, but the dude is having to start over completely at 55, which isn't easy.

A buddy of mine had a house fire maybe 15 years ago, and even with insurance and a steady job it took him the better part of a decade to get back on track.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see much of Pat moving forward.

They were able to raise $15k or $20k for him through crowd funding/donations, but the dude is having to start over completely at 55, which isn't easy.

A buddy of mine had a house fire maybe 15 years ago, and even with insurance and a steady job it took him the better part of a decade to get back on track.
Poor baby. I feel so sorry for him.

Sammy J

Reaction score
Bloodthirst probably the most underrated CC album IMO. It’s a monster.

I also preordered the LP with the alternate cover. My kid is gonna have some questions when he grows up lol

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Super bummed about Pat not coming back. That dude was always one of my favorite guitarists. Stocked about Rutan joining and a new album. New song is pretty cool.

akinari

Reaction score
anyone know where Doug Cerrito is ? I remeber him playing on HE's first album but then ????

Doug's an engineer, and I think he owns his own business now. He was giving guitar lessons a buncha years ago.

Kwert

Reaction score
Corpse has always had the mentality that the band is bigger than any one member. While I'm sad to see Pat go, it makes sense for them and I can't think of a better fit than Erik Rutan. I hope Pat continues to get the help he needs - a mental break like the one he had is not trivial.

The new single is fucking killer and the production is as awesome as ever. I'm sure Erik will have some great things to contribute to their writing to fill the monstrous void that Pat leaves.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
well sheeeyit, I might actually start listening to CC again. Rutan is a monstrous player and everything he touches is gold imo.

Indeed. Pat is one of a kind, but its hard to go wrong with Erik.