New Corelia Album 2015

• Thread starter bhakan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
You cheeky bastard, I almost bumped this thread literally yesterday morning because I was spinning Nostalgia for the first time in ages.
Wanted to ask if anyone knew who the guy that wrote Glass Faces was, because I knew it was a different guitar player that had left the band prior to the completion of any other song.

Curious about if he ever got another project going because that was the best song on the EP imo, but didn't want to bump the thread and get people excited :lol:

NosralTserrof

Reaction score
Sorry for getting peoples hopes up, but the band popped up in my FB news feed and I was curious.

How come there hasn't been any lawsuit against these guys for not delivering a product? I realize the stupidly and pettiness of suing a small prog metal band, but you never know. Through a lawsuit, maybe some of the details of what the hell actually happened might come to light.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Same reason people didn't file a class action lawsuit against Bernie when he dipped, you can't coordinate that many people without someone coming in and laying the groundwork for it. It's not happening, just don't support these assholes ever again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason B

Unbanned
Reaction score
I had a few of the band members as friends on social media. Once they started getting called out in the press, they either dropped off or acted like nothing ever happened (only posting to wish bae a happy bday, “we adopted a new cat”, etc.).

Corelia’s legacy is in defining crowdfunding as an honor system.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Do you think we would have eventually gotten the album if there wasnt so much backlash? I don't even listen to a whole lot of prog any more, but it would be nice to hear this.

NosralTserrof

Reaction score
^From Jason's point (and forgive me for speculating), it seems like they may have ran out of money from just...living. So maybe there are GP files of the album out there and maybe even scratches but not a finished product.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I woudnt doubt that it was like 70% recorded. I know they said it was all written and nostagia was written on GP.

Sebski

Reaction score
Should've guessed how unreliable they would be after they couldnt even publish all the Nostalgia tabs they promised.

Speaking of tabs, did anyone ever do a GP tab of Mute Swan or Blood Petals?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I have all the tabs that were on their site before they took it down, don't remember right now but if that was up I definitely have it, I can upload that when I get off work.

Sebski

Reaction score
I have all the tabs that were on their site before they took it down, don't remember right now but if that was up I definitely have it, I can upload that when I get off work.

Would be much appreciated if you could mate. I've got a feeling they only made it to glaciers, or possibly red sky harbour, but anything would be great!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score