New Custom 6'er in the Works! (Redwood/Limba whhaaaaaaa)

• Thread starter Watty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
This guitar would look amazing if you dyed the flat top and left the beveled natural.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Edit: The bird is his logo and will sit atop the rear tuning peg.

Edit 2: He's done all this since Tuesday.....with another job. Killer.

I REALLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Like that design man, a LOT.

To be clear, the body's Vik's (in case that's what you were referring to) and the headstock is mine. Thanks though...:lol:

This is gonna turn out sweet. Staying tuned for more.

Cheers!

This guitar would look amazing if you dyed the flat top and left the beveled natural.

You know.....that's an interesting idea. I might see if Tyler can leave the internal bevels near the neck natural a la PRS, but we'll see.

RickSchneider

Reaction score
Eagerly anticipating more progess pics - this guy works like a machine it seems!

Also can't wait to see another build with that headstock design, i put a deposit down for my BWGC build a few weeks back and I'm getting the same style headstock - major props for creating it man

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Eagerly anticipating more progess pics - this guy works like a machine it seems!

Also can't wait to see another build with that headstock design, i put a deposit down for my BWGC build a few weeks back and I'm getting the same style headstock - major props for creating it man

Well, here....have another! Clamps for DAYS.

DSC01253_zpsbab5ad54.jpg

And glad you dig it man, I figure there'll be more builds from Aaron that will be showcasing my design.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
What's that? More, you say?

Okay.

All together now.
DSC01286_zps680bf4fc.jpg

Thick.
DSC01272_zps5134ca8c.jpg

Headstock Overlay.
DSC01269_zps714d24cb.jpg

Edit: Looks like a Granite work surface. Classy....not just for your high end kitchens and bathrooms anymore folks.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Oh dude, robbins doesAMAZING work!!!! His inlay work is up there with the best of them, no joke. You did NOT choose wrong!

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Oh dude, robbins doesAMAZING work!!!! His inlay work is up there with the best of them, no joke. You did NOT choose wrong!

Yeah, his anchor guitar was a pretty cool example of what he can do in that arena of building.

And hell, have another few:

Body shot
IMG_9018_zps23d969ee.jpg

And what are these I wonder...
image_zpsbb50f5ab.jpg

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Looking at that bit of limba showing where the contours will end up being carved seems a good sign of things to come after Tyler gets to work on it!

IMG_4800_zpsd3ec2716.jpg

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
he works really fast, hope to see a review and a video once you get the guitar :)

RickSchneider

Reaction score
That headstock contrast makes me even more excited for mine! Mine will be spalt where yours is ebony, and ebony where yours is maple. This is turning out beautiful, and at a pace which i can't fathom

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
at a pace which i can't fathom

To be fair, this is the only guitar he's working on now in order to finish it before he takes a two month break to go to a school focusing on acoustics (IIRC). So if you become a customer down the road, I wouldn't necessarily expect things to come together quite this quickly. Regardless, his communication is phenomenal.

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
The binding is off the chain. That Vik body design is pure sex to me. Classy and elegant, yet modern and mildly aggressive. Nice taste, man.